Oculus Rift S through eGPU no sound in vr mode

Hi All,

I’m currently running an RTX 3090 through a Mantiz Saturn Pro eGPU set up for MSFS 2020.

I’ve just got a new Oculus Rift S VR set and whilst visually it works fine through the eGPU, the sound does not come through.

The Oculus rift works fine through the eGPU for other stuff including the MSFS music. It’s only when entering VR mode that the sound stops.
I’ve tried setting up sound from the computer speakers or separate headphones but only get a stutter every 1.5 seconds or so.

If running through the main laptop the sound does work fully but then performance drops right down because of the much weaker internal GPU.

Has anybody else experienced something like this or perhaps have an idea on how to fix it?

Thanks!

I haven’t had that issue, but I do have very low simulator sounds in the headset. I do however use wireless headphones for a more realistic experience.

Thanks @SkintErmine4112 !!

It seems that the problem was the cable connection into the Rift S. On inspection it was loose and reinserting it see s to have solved the issues.

Much appreciate your support!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.