Oculus Rift - sudden performance problems

Until yesterday, I have been able to use the VR mode with my Oculus Rift without any notable problems. Today, I’m suddenly running into heavy performance problems.

I launch FS and it works flawlessly. Menus, setting up a quick flight - no problems.

But as soon as I launch the VR mode, I exeperience extreme lagging and stuttering already in the main menu.

If I leave VR mode again, the problem persists, even outside the VR mode. Shutting down and re-launching FS solves the problem, until I switch to the VR mode again.

I have made no changes to my system since yesterday, at least none that I am aware of. I updated all drivers now, but the problem persists.

System details:
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Geforce GTX 1080 Ti (driver version 461.72)
32 GB RAM
Win 10 Pro 64-bit (20H2, build 19042.867)
Oculus Rift (Oculus App Version 27.0.0.27.507)

FWIW, I also play Elite Dangerous in VR, and that still works without any issues.

Any idea what could cause the sudden performance problems in Flight Simulator?

Edit: of course, I already tried re-booting the computer and re-connecting the Rift. :slight_smile:

Edit 2: the plot thickens. The mysterious performance issues vanished as suddenly as they appeared, only to get replaced by a new issue. When I launch FS, an error message appears, telling me that, due to an uexpected error, my game license cannot be authenticated.

This usually happens when you launch the game offline. My internet connection works perfectly fine, so I guess it’s safe to assume that there are some server issues afoot.

Hi!
I had the same problem and it was solved today after the Windows 10 update. It seems to me that the problem is in Windows. Now my MSFS is working perfectly on the Oculus rift CV1.

Try to upgrade Windows 10.

Hug

Thanks for the feedback!

I always keep my Windows up to date. I know there is a recent update out there, but it didn’t drop here yet.

Anyway, both issues are gone now. I read that there were major problems with several Microsoft services yesterday. Xbox and Teams were down for several hours. Guess there is a connection to the issues I experienced, though I’m a bit puzzled how that would affect FS performance in VR only.

But hey… as long as it works, I don’t have to understand why :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.