Oculus Update Warning

im not being cheeky or funny, but what makes you think thats whats happening ?
cheers

Because there’s a bunch of us who got the issue on video. :slight_smile:

any thoughts on a fix ?

Nope but since it got worse with the latest Oculus software update, we can hope for a real fix now that it became totally unplayable in VR.

i dont quite find it unplayable… the oculus update didnt seem to affect me much, its seems to affect other worse, but yeah, its emersion breaking… lets hope that fix comes soon :+1:

This issue is now split across different posts, can we get them merged? Also, people need to vote here:

Opting out of the beta solved it for me.

1 Like

hmm… thats interesting, i will look into that thanks

I agree that for me I don’t experience white flash but a violent shift of my head position in 3D during only one frame and back to normal view. It can probably be captured on video on the monitor itself (I’ll try if I get the time) Sometimes I can guess polygons of the planes, or the mountain, or the sky, etc. In other words the headset lose its real position just during one frame, and shift somewhere and at another angle before retrieving its correct position.
Saying that, the white flash could be another problem for other persons, but for me what I described it’s what I experimented so far.

I have both, Oculus Rif 2 and G2… G2 no white flashes and quality out of the box is superb… (and no facebook account…)

does the non-public test version work now then, as I thought the public test version was needed for the initial VR implementation to work?

and let Oculus know here:

MSFS2020 Flashes Again — Oculus (oculusvr.com)

i have the same Problem.

Please take a few seconds to vote on HerePorpoise437’s link as well as report it to Oculus on HawkMoth9135’s link.

I disabled the beta and the problem went away

For people with this problem, I switched to using my Rift S with the SteamVR Open XR and the flashing has gone.

I gave up using SteamVR at first because of the strange pin barrel distortion, but that seems to have been fixed now. It all works quite well.

Same here with Quest 2. Audio stuttering as well.

Same here, after the Oculus update today msfs vr with Rift S has become unplayable, constant white flashes

Tried VR today with my Quest 2 for the first time in a few weeks. Annoying strobing flashes are effecting things for me too so gave up.

This works, Rob. I opted out of the beta, downloaded and re-installed Oculus, and now NO FLASHING AT ALL! Thanks to CodeLoran69

3 Likes