Oculus Update Warning

thats strange… i dont find my Rift S goes thru batteries that bad… have you done a recent firmware update on the headset and controllers ?

It’s the evil cousin of the disconnect issue mentioned above. Been like it since purchase.

wow… guess im lucky… only paid £120 for it too… boxed , like new…
nice to have some good luck for a change :crazy_face:

1 Like

Hi @HerePorpoise437

I have moved your topic out of General Discussion and into the VR category.

While it should probably be in VR bugs & Issues, for now, I have moved it to General Discussion so it hopefully, maximise visibility for your topic. This does mean it may not be seen as a bug, and users cannot vote for this issue.

If you would like your topic moved to Bugs and Issues let me know.

I just came here because so am I. Constant lightning-type flashes in all aircraft since the last update (UK). Steam version, Oculus Rift S. It’s unusable in VR for me now.

1 Like

Same here. They never seem to find an answer for this. Im constantly re-plugging in cords. And I bought a battery recharger for the controllers.

it was happening for me even before the UK /Ireland hope theres a fix soon

@rob12770 I had some flashes in some areas, but it has increased 1000% in the last 24 hours. Like one flash per second now.

1 Like

Okay, so it may be the Oculus update then. Hope so, because it’s noticeably worsened for me too.

I never updated Oculus (just heard of it here) unless it did it on it’s own because I am part of the beta program or whatever test thing they have going there.

Out of interest with us sharing the Oculus battery problem, what motherboard are you using? Mine’s a Z390 Auros Pro-wifi.

Thanks! Hope it can be fixed promptly.

i think expiredspy was talking about the UK update, not oculus mate

For me it’s only happened since the Oculus update just now. I was flying about five hours earlier and everything was fine and dandy at Land’s End.

1 Like

I have an MSI X299 Pro motherboard. If that’s what you mean, but I see you listed your wifi card. What does the motherboard have to do with battery usage in the controllers?

That’s the board name:

could just be a graphics card driver conflict…
so hard to track down a solution for this kind of issue

RTX2080 Super here, Rob. The flashes also have an audio spike for me. I can hear it in the headphones. And I use separate headphones, not the Rift S ones.

Interesting. No audio spike for me. Similar GPU though: RTX2080ti

The board has my USB and HDMI ports. I’m assuming the disconnect issue is related to the hardware. The Rift S works perfectly normally on my other PC, so it could be something to do with the particular hardware on the other. People with disconnect issues also seem to share the controller battery burn problem, so one issue seems to cause the other.