Odd pink textures and no more real time editing

What has happened to the SDK? Models now have some odd pink checkered texturing on random faces, some walls have the pink texture and some don’t, even though it’s the exact same texture. It makes no sense.
What happened to real time editing from Blender? For nearly a year now I have been able to make a change in Blender, whether it be a new material or new object (or a resize of an object) simply export, the sim pauses for a second and then it shows my changes in sim. This no longer happens, why?? I cannot work with this new SDK and it is severely holding up projects we are working on, hence we are losing money. Has there been any acknowledgement from MS at all, I can’t find anything? Is this how the SDK behaves now and are there new processes we are not aware of causing this issues?

2 Likes

Real time editing has practically halted my development process too. Hoping this gets fixed ASAP.

1 Like

Did you update the SDK to the latest version? SDK Issues after Update 5 | No Project Work Possible - #20 by CAPT5LOW

Of course, it was the first thing I did.

Oh glad it wasn’t just me i was adding a new airport building last night and I couldn’t get it to refresh the model after changes either really annoying also getting stuck with all materials coming out shiny even though they aren’t set up to be.

Make sure that you don’t still have SDK 0.13 installed alongside 0.14.
I Installed 0.14 in the usual way last week and only today noticed the other one was still present.
Uninstalled 0.13, repaired 0.14, rebooted and the assets are updating on the fly again.

I’ve not experienced the pink texture issue

Thanks i will check that out. :+1:

Haven’t checked its fixed yet but indeed 0.13 was installed and see 0.14 file size was smaller.

The SDK is now 3 separate downloads
-Core
-Documentation
-Samples
Core will be what you have, the others are available in the dev mode help tab

1 Like

Can’t confirm if that fixed it yet as now the sim keeps crashing when scenery objects are loading in after opening my project.

Ok,
After you have opened the project and before you open the BGL in the editor:
Choose Windows and select Console.
When the new console opens, clear it, it should say Errors:0 after that.
Build the package (not build all) just the package.
Check for any errors.
Should be 0, if it’s not it should point towards which gltf is having a problem.

Oh my objects are loading in I mean the Objects list where you select the objects, polygons and rectangles to add into the sim, while those are loading the list it keeps crashing.
Appreciate your help buddy :+1:

Just turned game mode back off cos i turned it back on after the SU5 update and it didn’t crash this time might just be a coincidence atleast my new building textures are no longer all shiny.

You’re welcome matey.
There are a lot of weird things happening at the moment with the sim, then they’re not, then they are again, then not. It needs a bit of time to stabilise again.

1 Like

Is there any tricks to get the model to update as per the original post @Dmajestic80 sorry if i hyjacked a little i thought it was along the same sort of lines that didn’t seem worth me opening a new post. I’m also stuck with the blender objects not rebuilding in sim.