Famous Flyer I: Beechcraft Model 17 Staggerwing

The Beechcraft Model 17 Staggerwing is now available for purchase in the Marketplace. Click here to learn more about this plane.

Please use this thread for feedback only. If you encounter a bug, please create a thread in the Bugs and Issues section.

13 Likes

Downloading now.

It’s not like me to jump without reading first, but I love my two other Carenado purchases and trust them.

EDIT: OMG It’s gorgeous! That propeller! The interior!

9 Likes

I really liked the FSX/P3D version Carenado put out but I’m a bit wary of these Microsoft published planes after the two local legends turned out to be less than stellar, to put it politely. Hoping this flying legend or whatever turns out better as Carenado have been doing a pretty competent job with MSFS so far. :crossed_fingers: But I’ll wait a few days for reviews and comments before making any purchasing decisions.

There’s one question which answer will decide whether I purchase this aircraft or not:
Does it have an autopilot (in any, even most basic, form)?
I will not purchase it otherwise, as we are still not allowed to edit .cfg files of marketplace aircraft!
Thanks.

Best,
Underbird

3 Likes

I see no autopilot.

It trims and flys really nicely.

2 Likes

The FSX/P3D version had no AP or GPS that I remember. Doubt there’ll be one here. Maybe the default keys will work though like they do with some planes without AP modelled.

1 Like

A little oddity is the default camera views don’t include one of the radio.

It’s no biggie to set a custom, but seems like an oversight.

What a nice aircraft.

HA! Don’t roll the window down!

3 Likes

Will there be a manual for this plane? At the moment I only see links for the Ju52 and Fokker F. VII on the aircraft manual page Aircraft Manuals - Microsoft Flight Simulator

7 Likes

Not at the moment but I can’t speak for down the road - I know the plan is to create as many manuals as possible for these types of aircraft releases.

7 Likes

What about allowing us to edit some .cfg files to add systems, etc.?
Being unable to even make basic changes does not make me, and many others, willing to spend our money.
Thanks.

1 Like

Are there any Marketplace aircraft that allow .cfg edits?

After few flights I must say only one word:

WOW!!!

I like this plane. It looks like the quality is great :grin::grin::grin:

9 Likes

I’m loving it, too.

3 Likes

No, but I think Jorg said in one of the Q&As that in the future they might leave the config files unencrypted so that mods would be easier. The 3D model, of course, would still be encrypted.

4 Likes

Good to hear, looking forward to some more thorough reviews. One question that might sound silly, but … can you open the doors in this plane?

Yes, you can.

2 Likes

It is not kind of aircrafts that are equipped with autopilot. It is kinda sports aircraft.
But nice to fly.

1 Like

3 Likes

In the FSX/P3D version there was a spar or something that ran vertically across the front of the cockpit that obscured vision a bit. You could actually click on it to remove it for better visibility. Wonder if they managed that for the MSFS release? Some cockpit pics would be really appreciate from those brave early adopters as well!

2 Likes