[OFFICIAL] Community Fly-in Event Halloween Edition

We will be hosting an Official Fly-in alongside a group of community members (you!) on Twitch. This is an open event, free to those who would like to fly along with us and available for all skill levels. The goal is to have a great time, explore new locations of the world, and make new friends.

Flight plans will usually be brought to you by @Pieter1982NL and your regular hosts will be @simtom2 and @Jummivana.

When: Friday, 1900Z, for two hours.
Where: The Official Twitch Channel of MSFS

There will also be a Discord event channel open for those who want to voice chat.

30.10 FLIGHT DETAILS

Let’s explore Transylvania!

If you feel like following the VORs:

SBI 114.0 001 radial TO for 88 NM
BRV 117.60 096 Radial TO for 63 NM
BRV 117.60 345 Radial FROM towards LRGH for 8 NM
BCU 109.40 042 Radial TO for 73 NM
BCU 109.40 074 Radial FROM for 4 NM

PLANNING

We will be flying the Cessna Grand Caravan.

Starting airport is LRCV. Please load your aircraft 15 minutes prior to take off and taxi over to the taxiway or parking.

MULTIPLAYER SETTINGS

Please adhere to the following settings so you can see everyone / be seen by everyone.

Variable Setting
Server West Europe
Multiplayer All
Live traffic As desired
Weather Thunderstorms
Time Sunset

COMMUNICATION

To communicate with others, a voice channel on the "Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Discord” at https://discord.gg/msfs will be available to join.

It is advised in this flight to turn off both aircraft collisions and terrain collisions. If you do crash, you can use “slew” mode to join the pack. If the pack will be too scattered before the first stop, we will use slew on a defined point to regroup.

FLIGHT PLAN

A .PLN file is downloadable here: IFR_Craiova_LRCV_to_Bacau_LRBC.pln (2.7 KB)

To use the flight plan, follow these steps:

1. Download the flight plan to a easy-to-remember location
  2. Open MSFS
  3. Go to the globe
  4. Click “Load/Save” on the bottom of your screen
  5. Click “Load”
  6. Navigate to the downloaded flight plan
  7. Click load.

LET’S FLY

This is meant to be a fun and informal flight. Everybody is welcome, no matter the amount of experience.

15 Likes

Since this time it will be a C208 flight, here’s the most recent (still a month old) mod for the C208 that fixes some issues:

And don’t forget the G1000 mod which has been updated to work with yesterday’s patch:

@simtom2: Are you forced to use vanilla game? Or wouldn’t the stream be a great opportunity to show the viewers what the community was able to create.
I’m sure there are many virtual pilots out there who don’t read the forums and thus miss out the great improvements that are free to use for everyone making some aircraft and the G1000 more enjoyable.
Also it would give more credit to those involved for their hard work to keep us flying with more realism that stock systems/aircraft are offering.

Would also love to see a Fly-In with the G36 some day :+1:t3:

Looking forward to todays flight!

2 Likes

Can’t wait!

1 Like

The “stream” portion of this event is canceled but the fly-in is still happening today! @simtom2 will be streaming it in discord in the Event section and all are welcome. :slight_smile: Same time same place.

Just went there and no one was there. West Europe server at 14:55

It’s live now!

The parking area at LRCV is full of people. Please check again and switch servers back and forth, sometimes that helps

Same as @PAGYIZO777, airport is empty

Give it some time, i sat on the runway for like 5 minutes then suddenly everyone appeared for me.

Everyone just disappeared for me. Tried restarting but did not help.

We just switched to Southeast Asia as the other server wasn’t working well!

Thx! Anybody a little form flying? :slight_smile:

i took b787 to catch all and all of a sudden they popped front of me :joy:

I was all for it but now I can’t find you?

Me neither but I am still flying!

So am I :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Well that was a bit different but still fun.
The Storm preset brought up some nice atmosphere especially on our landing at LPSB :smiley:
Didn’t think I’d like the C208, but it behaved very nicely (except for the AP not liking to fly a VOR radial…)

Thanks everyone for joining!

5 Likes

5 Likes