[OFFICIAL] Community Fly-in Event: IFR Flight Seattle to Alaska

I wonder why your gamertags on the other planes look SOOO different than mine? Mine are not day-glo green, and they have translucent backgrounds. I’m not complaining at all, I’m fine with what I have, but I didn’t even know there were different options.

How did you do that?

@spookyspookster, I saw you out in front of me by quite a bit, but then everybody turned to go direct to the airport (I think) while it seemed I was the only guy who was doing the RNAV approach to RW10 and who went straight to the IF. No biggie, it just meant by the time I got there, y’all had already landed and I practically had the runway to myself!

But I just HAVE GOT to know how you captured this image, it’s pretty incredible if you ask me!

Great flying today! Thoroughly enjoyed it

3 Likes

I had to bail on this flight last minute. Glad all seemed to go well. For future flights, curious if it would be possible to add a bit of realism with some “ATC” at the departure and arrival airports using discord?

I also volunteer as a VATSIM controller at ZAB so happy to help if we think this might be something to try using discord?

@BurntToast4315, awesome pics!! Unfortunately I was all by myself, so flying close enough to another aircraft to capture such a shot would have been impossible. Eh, maybe next time!

I still had an absolute blast! Just wish there was some way inside of VR to see who was talking in the Discord chatroom, but that seems like it’s probably WAY more easily said than done.

thanks, i just followed the flightplan.

on how to do the image: from one point in the air capture screenshots in all directions. stitch the images together with some software (microsoft image composie editor in my case), choose stereographic projection and pitch down 90°.

It’s a mod I made:

The style in the screenshots is the “cppr-nameplates-v2-green” version in the package.

1 Like

That looks cool, and I’d like to try it, but all I’m seeing is source code files on Github, which I have ZERO clue what to do with. (I’m kind of a noob there, too.) Do you have the usable, ready to go files somewhere that my dumb ■■■ just isn’t finding? Thanks!

I posted a reply in my thread, to not have off topic discussions here :slight_smile:

Thanks to everyone who showed up, I really hope we can do more IFR group flights in the future.

1 Like

@simtom2, I think that is a fantastic idea!

For those interested, there’s a payware upgrade for PAWG in the in-sim Store. Also, for those interested, I’ve created a Discord server for the primary purpose of having a voice channel to use when we might fly together in smaller unofficial groups. The invite can be found here. Now, I’m a total Discord Noob, so I am not even remotely sure if that is a good idea or not, but hey, I’ve got it setup, let’s use it!

I don’t even have the words to express how much fun I had on this jaunt, thank you for being a gracious host, and let’s do something similar very soon. If I can help in any way, please reach out to me.

Thanks!
KKT

I’m about to redo this flight. I know this is very last minute, but if you want to join me, HMU fast! If anyone does, I’ll be on the US East server, and of course, my gamertag is KevyKevTPA. Should anyone show up, we’ll use my chatroom for voice chit-chat. I also plan to buy the payware PAWG before I take-off.

So if you read this in the next 10 minutes, move fast and meet me at KSEA, I’ll be starting at a cargo ramp near 16L.

I had to jump in and say: Discord sucks! I tried (again) to use Discord. I am so tired of being booted and unable to post because I did not click on something, somewhere and Discord believes I have committed a crime. Discord has terminated my right to post. Discord is kind of like a pinball machine: flip the ball (you) around and maybe it (you) gets a few points before going down the gutter, so you can try again. I just got tired of being flipped off.

So, unless you want to spend a lot of time NOT using the Sim then go ahead and join Discord. Oh, I think if you PAY Discord you may get past the “being a criminal” and let you post, I really don’t know and really don’t care. Good Luck!

@BobBondi, I’ll concede to being a total Discord noob who doesn’t really know what he’s doing, but I’ve had no such issues with them. I created my own server, and though I’ve only got a small handful of users subscribed, as I start to get more multiplayer buddies (and if you want to be one, my FS gamertag is, unsuprisingly, KevyKevTPA), I expect it will grow. But even if it doesn’t it’s there for me to use when I’m flying with other people, which hasn’t happened very much, but I’m hoping that will change. It IS a lot of fun.

Hi, your reply is a part of Discord I have not been to. I’ll give it a try later.