[Official] Community Fly-In Friday: Argentina

Lago Argentino as seen in Microsoft Flight Simulator

We will be hosting an Official Fly-in alongside a group of community members (you!) on Twitch. This is an open event, free to all who would like to fly along with us and available to pilots of all skill levels. The goal is to have a great time, explore new locations of the world, and make new friends. This event is open to pilots on both the PC and Xbox platforms.

Hosted by @SeedyL3205, @Jummivana, and @simtom2

When: Friday, July 8 @ 1900Z for two hours.
2022-07-08T19:00:00Z
Where: The Official Twitch Channel of MSFS

There will also be a Discord event channel open for those who want to voice chat with other members of the community.

Please see below for details on the upcoming Fly-In Event:

FLIGHT DETAILS

July 9 is Argentina Independence Day, the national holiday of this South American nation. To commemorate the event, our Friday flight plan will see us fly over the beautiful Patagonia region. We may even see a flock of flamingoes en route! :flamingo:

Pilots on PC can download the .pln file here:
Community Fly-In Friday 2022-07-08 Argentina.PLN (5.9 KB)

We will be starting at SAWT. Please load your aircraft 10 minutes prior to take off and taxi over to the runway in preparation for departure.

AIRCRAFT

Recommended aircraft: Beechcraft Bonanza, Beechcraft Baron, Diamond DA62, or any plane of your choice with a cruise speed of around 170 knots.

MULTIPLAYER SETTINGS

Please adhere to the following settings so you can see everyone / be seen by everyone.

Variable Setting
Server SE Asia
Multiplayer All Players
Live traffic As preferred
Weather Few Clouds
Time of Day Daytime

It is advised in this flight to turn off both aircraft collisions and terrain collisions. If you do crash, you can use “slew” mode to join the pack. If the pack will be too scattered before the first stop, we will use slew on a defined point to regroup.

COMMUNICATION

To communicate with others, a voice channel on the "Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Discord” at https://discord.gg/msfs will be available to join.

LET’S FLY

This is meant to be a fun and informal flight. Everybody is welcome, no matter the amount of experience.

10 Likes

Can’t wait! Finally I’ll have an excuse to use the Argentinian MB-339.

7 Likes

Amazing! Welcome flightsim community to my beloved , beautiful (and economical battered) country!

See you here!

4 Likes

Can we get some more details to plan out the flight for those on Xbox, just that picture doesnt give us a good plan, we need some detaisl. Until months ago it use to be typed out so those on Xbox could create a flight plan now we have to go by just a picture which aint easy to do. Help those on Xbox out guys come on

Great! see you tomorrow! :blush: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

It has a bunch of custom waypoints.

Flight Plan: SAWR SAWC SAWT

Yeah that is why those coördinates would be welcome

SAWT N0100A165 5018S07248W SAWC 5001S07207W 4955S07203W 4950S07201W 4939S07149W 4933S07052W 4933S07015W 4937S06936W 4935S06932W 4933S06935W 4930S06935W 4925S06938W 4918S06946W 4913S06958W 4908S07003W 4901S07015W 4855S07010W SAWR

2 Likes

Thank you friend

1 Like

I need the latitudes and longitudes

You could probably run those through a converter. I got those figures from LittleNavMap.

However SAWT and SAWR somehoe don’t exist in SkyVector…

1 Like

Yes, I noticed that.

Great flight tonight guys, had an absolute blast.

3 Likes

Ohh creo que me entere tarde, era el 8?

What a great and beautiful flight! Patagonia is truly an amazingly beautiful area. Some good talk in Discord as well, and quite a bit of Top Gun discussion.

1 Like