[OFFICIAL] Community Fly-in: Guided Tour of London

We will be hosting an Official Fly-in alongside a group of community members (you!) on Twitch. This is an open event, free to those who would like to fly along with us and available for all skill levels. The goal is to have a great time, explore new locations of the world, and make new friends.

Flight plans will be brought to you by @Pieter1982NL and your regular hosts will be @simtom2 and @Jummivana.

When: Friday, 1800Z, for two hours.
Where: The Official Twitch Channel of MSFS

There will also be a Discord event channel open for those who want to voice chat.

Please see below for details on the upcoming Fly-In Event on September 18th.

18.09 FLIGHT DETAILS

We will be flying with the Xcub on a slow, scenic tour around London and the the coastal area. A community member from London will point out interesting landmarks and historical facts along the way!

PLANNING

Starting airport is at EGTF. Please load your aircraft 15 minutes prior to take off and taxi over to the taxiway or parking.

Around 5 minutes prior to take off begin taxiing to the active runway (will be announced). We will do a parallel start and after that start departing to the east.

WEATHER

We will use custom weather.

MULTIPLAYER SETTINGS

Please adhere to the following settings so you can see everyone / be seen by everyone.

Variable Setting
Server West Europe
Multiplayer All
Live traffic As desired
Weather Few Clouds

COMMUNICATION

To communicate with others, a voice channel on the "Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Discord” at https://discord.gg/msfs will be available to join.

It is advised in this flight to turn off both aircraft collisions and terrain collisions. If you do crash, you can use “slew” mode to join the pack. If the pack will be too scattered before the first stop, we will use slew on a defined point to regroup.

FLIGHT PLAN

A .PLN file is provided by the following link:

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1plgawq3K7_5WHJBwnleMjIGHzo4n-ihn

To use the flight plan, follow these steps:

1. Download the flight plan to a easy-to-remember location
  2. Open MSFS
  3. Go to the globe
  4. Click “Load/Save” on the bottom of your screen
  5. Click “Load”
  6. Navigate to the downloaded flight plan
  7. Click load.

LET’S FLY

This is meant to be a fun and informal flight. Everybody is welcome, no matter the amount of experience.

15 Likes

Never tried multiplayer so very tempted! Which aircraft are you planning?

3 Likes

We will post details once it is decided but probably a slower GA plane!

2 Likes

This gonna be my first time ever as a super first casual sim.(aiming for hardcore stats) Very excited to try to be a part of this flight community.

2 Likes

Any indication of the flight route yet? Very excited to join on this one!

1 Like

I’m already nervous!

1 Like

First time also. I understand that we do not need to JOIN an event. Just load the flight plan. Or is there a group or something we need to join?

1 Like

Would love to join again and really hope my CTD issues during loading flights when selecting certain European airports (like London) have been resolved by tomorrow. :cry:

No, it´s actually quite easy.

Make sure you select the server WEST EUROPE quoted in the original post (can be chosen by clicking on your user name within FS2020), and then under flight conditions just make sure you select ALL PLAYERS.

Load the flight plan, maybe select a ramp/parking spot from the drop down menu, and when done, just click on Fly and you should be ready to go.

Weather and time can be set as you wish, although you might want to follow the suggestions in the first post to ensure all participants share the same experience.

Happy flying !

Hello, Is the flight plan available yet, and what is the recommend aircraft?

Flight plan will be posted later today, apologies for the delay!

I believe we will be going with an Xcub.

Thank you for the reply, I am more familiar with the C172 would it be appropriate for the group flight?

ooh. I’ll spend some time in the XCub tomorrow afternoon. Another new one for me :grimacing: :rofl:

2 Likes

Couldn’t resist. Just tried it and a fun choice!

Because I’m an idiot with times 1800Z is what gmt. The same?

1 Like

I’ll working on joining in.

Would have been nice to have a flight plan, or at least a departure airport to get set up.

Yes, the Z stands for Zulu time, which is GMT (or coordinated world time). Also have a look at the community event calendar here in the forum. There the time for your time zone should be displayed.

Nice! I’ll try to be there. The past events were fun too! Hopefully Tom can show us the best places to get pizza

Yeah I guess the a320 will have to stay parked for a while :slight_smile:

thanks. just started MSFS and it wants to do a 110GB update :man_facepalming:t2:

Probably miss this :sob:

Hey there…
…any starting point?

All the best

1 Like

This is supposed to start in 1 hour. Shall we all meet at EGLC (London City Airport) if we don’t get told otherwise? See you all at 7pm GMT on the taxiway!