2022-11-18 Developer Livestream

That’s good! If only we could get a snow on/off toggle for live weather… that would be even better.

Yes there will be! One of our lovely moderators has volunteered to help with this.

8 Likes

You’re correct. The 787 is one of them getting said Premium Deluxe makeover.

I guess you don’t follow WT’s progress then. They’ve been very open with what they’re actively working on so far on their Discord and post updates, screen shots, videos, etc. They’ve been posting stuff about the GNS, CJ4, G3000 and Longitude pretty regularly the last 7-8 months now. They have a whole channel on their Discord where they post their progress.

2 Likes

The one that really really deserves an AAU is the King Air 350. I started a wishlist item. :wink:

5 Likes

Agreed! That plane has so much unrealized potential. Even compared to the other default planes, it seems like it was shoehorned in at the last minute with the intentions of finishing it later, only later never came.

They really need to lose that G3X. To me, that just kills it. No one in the history of aviation would ever jam a G3X into a King Air. A retrofit with a G1000 or G3000? Most definitely. They’re out there. The correct Collins ProLine would be the bomb though. I don’t really see the latter happening.

I don’t know about even better" but it would certainly be another improvement. - probably a little more difficult to do though (well).

The ultimate would be to let it Snow at the airports, and have AI Snow Plows removing it - Coordinating with ATC – don’t hold your breathe for that amount of AI for many years .

Yeah, I only really follow what is here on these forums, and even if something like that was covered here, I would have had to have read the specific topic. As much as I would like to stay up to date with everything that is going on, with work and maintaining a house, there just isn’t enough time. I get that if you are active here, there is an expectation that you are active all over. Sometimes though outside influences just make that impossible.

1 Like

Well then, today’s announcement was indeed a surprise for you. And a good one at that. :slight_smile:

I’m actually pretty stoked about the CJ4 and Longitude. I love the current WT CJ4, but these changes will make it even more awesome. And the overall disappointing Longitude will finally get the love it so desperately deserves. I’m happy to hear that.

4 Likes

“All work and no play” makes Uncle Sam Happy !

Got to find a balance – If anything the past 3 years have shown us, is there is more to life than work-work-work (and material things)

1 Like

What’s the point of “Live Weather” if they are going to make sliders for things?
There are presets already in the game.

2 Likes

Same as before: dynamic and different weather in different places along the route, instead of exactly the same weather evenly spread everywhere, from departure to arrival (presets).

3 Likes

Unless it’s heavy with content about core functionality improvements such as AI/Weather, the rest is not really something I am concerned with as I only fly PMDG which works fine. New planes or 15+ minutes about those planes planned features are a bore-fest for me. Glad other people enjoy newer content in that area.

1 Like

Agreed. I’m not in favour of sliders for live weather. To me, live weather is like poker. You play the hand you’re dealt and make the best of it. There should be no option to change anything.

Although by the sound of it how it was said, I get the impression they’ll add more options to the weather presets vs messing with live weather.

3 Likes

I’m not seeing how you can really slider real weather, either. Real weather is an on or off thing while presets allow you to have a base and tinker accordingly. If it’s cloudy, it’s cloudy. If it’s windy, it’s windy. Unless the wind makes my aircraft unflyable or because of turbulence, that’s the only thing I think would be worth needing to manually adjust. The rest is just as it should be.

2 Likes

Because unlike the winds, and other data obtained from MetroBlue, Turbulence is an Asobo calculated weather characteristic, and its level is is arbitrary and a best Guess, which can easily be quite far off.

All a slider would be doing is modifying Asobo “Best Guess” of Turbulence intensity, to the best Guess (or desired SIMULATED amount) of the Simmer Pilot.

But now, going forward, all forum debate is mute,

Asobo have stated they ARE going to add a UI for turbulence, so everyone can set it to what they want, or just leave it at Asobo’s “best Guess” default values.

4 Likes

There’s a little more to it. Kai from AIG reported the issue and there wasn’t much they could do at the time. He did also say that while they test and code check as much as they can, things on their end may not work on a users and sometimes code breaks or doesn’t work right, sorta felt like passing the buck when I heard that part. What was interesting what the moment Jayne changed the topic to AI, Jorg literally froze and had this weird look on his face for awhile and the other guy when he was talking could get the feeling of “not this again…”

Personally I agree, but as long as some features are fundamentally broken, with no hope for a fix anytime soon, there should be an option to disable these broken features.

Snow covered valleys in the middle of the summer at 20 - 30 C° OAT (68 to 86 F°) aren’t Poker, they are a rigged shell game where the player always loses. :wink:

7 Likes

I don’t disagree. But I’d rather them actually fix that than put in band-aid solutions to temporarily mask things.

Speaking of snow, using the SU 11 new hotfix, was flying into a snow covered Denver and on final all my ground textures switched to no snow. Little disappointing but made me laugh. Didn’t matter when I was on the ground anyways.

1 Like