Official Discussion: August 5th, 2021 Development Update

This is not mission critical software, nor does anyone’s life or health depend on it (ie. like some software used in hospitals to keep a patient alive). It’s within Asobo’s prerogative to take the weekend off. If they release it today, that would be great. But at the same time, if they don’t release it today, as a customer myself, it’s reasonable if they take the weekend off and start fresh on Monday. The one situation where as a customer, I might want them to work over the weekend is if a lot of people (ie. 10% or more of the people that own MSFS) can’t even install MSFS, which is not the case here.

7 Likes

of course flightsiming is a hobby and nothing more. But as an enthusiast I’m still hoping the hotfix gets released today. Because of the temperature bug it’s impossible to fly with an airliner togheter with live weather. Guess that can be fixed. The CTD’s wont all go away with the hotfix. But maybe they can reduce it step by step with every update…

well, where I come from (the UK) ‘few’ is like ‘couple’ and normally means 2, but could also mean 3 or 4. After that you use other expressions (5-7 ‘about a week’), 8-9 ‘a week or so’, etc.

I think people are getting hung up on the “next few business days”. They are releasing a hotfix so it’s a patch produced and tested in a few days. Right now it may be all set for release today but they could find a last minute bug and have to delay the release by a day or two. Hence the term so they give themselves some contingency time.

If they gave a concrete date and found a last minute bug, that caused a delay, there would be endless posts of “they lied to us! They can’t be trusted! Broken promises!” etc. etc.

So calm down.

10 Likes

Will there also be the Trimwheel problem fixed with the next Hotfix? It is too sensitive, jumps and makes a strange click sound.

And what is with the shine and shimmer at buildings in vr (damaged Antialiasing).

Please give me a short answer Jane :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This is just highlighting such an ugly side to this forum, the people who want it all now at any cost and will kick up a fuss and throw their ■■■■■ out at it not going their way. Very strange. You’re going to have to wait, so just deal with it.

9 Likes

Some people behave quite childishly
I even saw some people saying that we make bad comments everywhere
This is not acceptable at all
Put yourself in the shoes of developers and understand their working conditions
Developing a simulator of this magnitude is definitely not an easy task and it takes time to solve everything

4 Likes

Not just the consumer side. Jim Sterling has touched on “Crunch development” as early as 5 years ago. Link below is to his latest, skipping the intro:

Crunch development can destroy lives, and is toxic. Yet we have an industry that often demands it, and a public that expects it, regardless of the negative effects.

3 Likes

Mine CTD’d yesterday after a 7 flight to New York. Landed fine just about to taxi to gate and did the CTD. Using the 787.

I would prefer a fix where the Asobo QA (not the managers) is confident to release it, without forcing any developer to crunch times. Nobody is happy about a rushed solution with the risk to make the situation even more worse, especially before the weekend.

5 Likes

“next few business days” means IN THE FEATURE, not today!

same issue here although shorter flight but just about to get to the gate and CTD arghh annoying but still enjoyed the flight thou :slight_smile:

Anyone getting things like this at these airports before/since the fix ?
Looks like it’s not being drawn properly …

Darwin - YPDN

KUPANG - WATT

Does this hotfix also fix the SDK, especially the 3ds Max plugin, which is broken ?

Canberra is the same. Some of the gates are no longer connected to the Terminal.

1 Like

I do work part of the weekend, every weekend. People expect their product and I deliver. Heck sometimes I leave out on a Sunday if I want to get an extra route. The first person who responded to me made some really good points though about releasing on Monday. That would probably be the best bet so if/when they need to fix the hotfix we won’t be waiting over the weekend with broken simulators. Remember people, we wouldn’t be in this position in the first place if they wouldn’t release shoddy patches in the first place. People are quick to forget. One minute Microsobo is the worst dev on the planet then they announce a patch is coming and they are the best devs in existence all of a sudden. Baffling… :smile:

2 Likes

For information, it’s holidays in France ! Not only, I know, but when we say holidays, it’s holidays. During 3 weeks, the country is closed ! Only the touristic industry turns at full RPM !
So thanks to Asobo for working for us !
Not only for us, also for their Gigantic and Almighty Master, the American Imperialism, Microsoft :rofl::rofl: !!

6 Likes

Then get back to work this weekend too and stop playing games.

6 Likes

Yea it would be like Christmas Holidays over here in US. By that logic I would hope that a US developer would not release a major patch/update right before the holidays then dip out of the office for 3 weeks. That or better make sure your patch doesn’t infuriate half of your user base when it’s released.

1 Like

When you become a developer of Asobo’s caliber , stay 24/7 to work for us so we can play.