Official Discussion: August 5th, 2021 Development Update

Yep, thats when we would get our emails from Sergio Marchionne. Lol The man never slept.

My only hope is that there is a trim fix for Thrustmaster accessories. I did not see it in the rush fix due out soon. That’s what’s making my game unusable. Bugs are OK but not being able to fly a plane is unacceptable. I really don’t want to wait until the end of August to play again!

1 Like

Man, I hope the hotfix drops today. Have the day off, would love to fly!

Some crackIng photos this week. Love the one by @Maniek87PL

2 Likes

You really need to adjust your reality lenses here: we are talking about a computer game! No one’s life depends on it! Not even if you’re making money with add-ons etc.

6 Likes

what you say is understandable if the bugs weren’t so obvious. they obviously didnt test the patch or not enough. how do you not notice there’s no volumetric lighting and ground textures are ■■■■■■? did they just not care or think no one would notice? this is 100% they fault for whatever quality control they have (if any). people usually work late and weekends to fix mistakes. especially if your most passionate customers are upset.

and id say most xbox player probably didnt even pay for the game. theyre probably on gamepass. im willing to bet most everyone on pc bough it.

3 Likes

Yes. It’s a business. Developers are people, and employees who have lives and plans.

Flight Simulator is a game. This isn’t life or death. :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

Don’t forget breaking the spoilers and trim.

1 Like

I don’t blame Asobo if they wait until next week to push the hotfix out. Friday is not the best time to release any piece of software. You know there will be bug to fix and maybe major ones. I believe when they push these fix out it’s around 8:00 am PT. Enjoy the summer and get out. Be safe simmersđŸ€˜đŸŸ

1 Like

It seems if it wasn’t going to be released today they would have told us by now. Maybe there’s a good chance it is today

Absolutely in no way should the lower level staff be required to work on their time off because of management’s shoddy decision making
 period!

If anyone should be working around the clock, it should be the decision makers, reevaluating their strategy for how they’re going to allow the developers to improve upon these kinds of situations in the future, if they even care.

And by decision makers, I mean the real ones. I see a lot of people throwing Asobo under the bus here, but I doubt they’re really the ones in charge. They’re a dev studio that was hired by MS/Xbox Game Studios to develop the sim, and I imagine core decisions on timelines, release dates, allowances come from Xbox, not Asobo.

Of course these are all assumptions on my part, but knowing how corporate decision making works leads me to believe that’s most likely how it really is. Let’s focus the blame on where it really lies, not on staff who can only work with what their corporate masters allow them to have.

2 Likes

It’s only been a year. But probably feels like two. :joy:

LOL
honestly it is apparent that many folks have no idea how software development is managed or release management is done.

Imagine when your multi million (billion) dollar business runs on enterprise software or cloud services and those have issues? Now that’s a real crisis.

Textures popping in Flight Simulator is annoying but not exactly a crisis.

2 Likes

Thank you very much:-)

1 Like

Hello.
Are there any patch news for today or will it be available on Monday?

After SU5, the development roadmap looks like a list of bad priorities. Asobo needs to focus on quality control and less on release dates.

1 Like

Ha
this is what happens in every large (and most small) companies in the western world. People work weekends all the time all over the world in various companies. The real world doesn’t stop on the weekends
The people who make things, grow your food, assure your health, and protect you all work weekends and nights. Some of them are making stuff that’s not critical, but can’t just stop. Some people need to get out of their city and suburban domiciles and get a good look at how the morlochs live.

True, but they just have their breaks on different days. I’ve worked shift patterns myself.

1 Like

When our company has a big complain or something like that, we are asked to work on saturdays and sundays. This is something what I expect from Asobo and MS Flight Simulator Team too after such a mess!

1 Like

Oh I’m well aware of what normally happens, but in no way am I going to advocate for it.