Bell 407

Hi folks!

I have flown the 407 in real life for some time and I have tested this one for a while…
Assuming simulation is never going to be like the real machine, and even Level D simulators are not exactly like the real one, in my opinion, this is a nice 407 to be a first version; It is very well modelled(graphically), and It has a beautiful and realistic interior, but I have observed several issues related to realism is aerodinamics and in basic systems:

-Torque value is coherent in hover at S.L. around 75%TQ at full G.W. but it is not able to pass 86%.
-TQ and MGT values are not paired and correlated all the time when you raise collective.
-Collective axis should be separated from Throttle axis. In a helicopter the throttle is in your fist, and the governor maintains NR when you raise collective. Mixture cannot be asigned to Throttle on collective control like in the Gabri…
-Auto’s are not working (In the Nemeth FSX 407 they never did):Nr in autos does not respond to changes in bank or in flare, and the flare by itself should be able to stop the descent rate to zero.

For comparaison purpose, If the 407 flew like the Gabri does, It would be a big step forward.

Regards!

15 Likes