Official Discussion: December 16th, 2021 Development Update

can you help the community understand how bugs get through the standard SDLC and appear when updates are released to the public?

1 Like

Hi seedy can you help me I have the following nolanes removed from my library that I have had for a long time and now the game is asking me to purchase all over again… the planes missing are

A-10 THUNDERBOLT
SUKHOI SU-57 FELLON
BEDE BD-5J
EUROFIGHTER TYPHOON
F-14 TOMCAT
also missing the complete full Reno air races collection of planes?

2 Likes

WTH happened? Lost access to purchased content. Purchased through steam on launch, have sank in hundreds. Have tried logging in and out of steam, xbox live, restarting my computer and checking file integrity through steam (which I knew wasnt the issue, but why the hell not…)

Done with this till its fixed, no more of my money for Microsoft.

2 Likes

Heads up the dream scenery is not downloading. I purchased the Toronto package and the download failed and is asking me to buy it again. Not happy about it at all after they took my money

No problem download it and try.
But when will be hotfix published?
I don’t want download 140GB again within the one week to have official build.

Thanks

We have not announced a release date for the next update.

For me it is unclear if “next update” means a patch/hotfix before the holidays, or if the next update is in fact SU8. If it means the second i would install the beta, otherwise i don’t want to go through the hassle to reinstall everything should a patch get officially released the next days.

9 Likes

Not a single word of the hotfix, what a disappointment, I haven’t download the beta because I want to avoid a complete reinstall later, but now it looks like I have no choice.

10 Likes

@ SeedyL3205
Yes I agree. Some information about the Hotfix/Beta and what you plan to do with that would have been nice in the last dev update of the year. Especially since you’re taking a deserved vacation and we won’t be hearing from you for 2-3 weeks. I’m not really badly affected by anything in SU7 myself, BUT contrary to problems with previous updates you have kept the community hanging by a thread this time.

4 Likes

This seems to be a global issue. Quite a few people reporting it on the forums including myself… I had about 11 gb of content suddenly removed in the last 30 minutes.

And now it’s showing one of my purchases from tonight as not owned (after restart). This is fun

I never expect much from these weekly development updates but wow this one is a bit of a joke. Not even a mention of the hotfix. Looks like we will have to download the beta if we want to fly over the holidays.

3 Likes

Big problem is still the weather, i had temperature spikes again today, in the beta forums i have not seen any mentions of it lately. Therefore i consider to install the beta, but if i have to reinstall the whole sim afterwards i worry it would take two days again, constantly grilling my gpu during the process.

1 Like

Don’t care too much about that. My last active MSFS was FS2002 and that one didn’t really have automatic wheather yet. So if I don’t like what MSFS brews together I simply change it.

The build which is currently in pre-release testing is not Sim Update 8. We have not announced a release date for this build yet.

Thank you. Will there be any more changes to the current BETA or can we consider this Beta to be the Hotfix we’ll be getting?

Are MS/Asobo aware of this marketplace content bug that’s just appeared? I’m really running out of patience with this sim…

1 Like

yeah me to glad to know its not me i think its a bug in the update let me know if u fix it

1 Like

Ok.
But you should know whether it will be published within one, two weeks or a month?

7 Likes

I’m disappointed that there is no mention of the hotfix, I mean how things are progressing along…

14 Likes

Any comments on people losing tons of purchased items? That getting fixed before people go on vacation?

1 Like