DG Aviation LS8-18

I absolutely agree.
As a result, the sound indicator does not work correctly.
I think it is necessary to create a comment in the appropriate topic. I will vote.
Netto, as far as I know, should show the calculated movement of air masses, and not the vertical speed.

1 Like

See further up. Sorry I have to correct my initial answer to you. The V80 is configured to show TAS not IAS at least for the DG (at least it says so on the display). I overlooked it initially. I didn’t check the LS8 though.

1 Like

According to Ls8 flight manual and also what is common in probably all gliders during slipping airspeed indicator should report significantly lower speed (this is because dynamic pressure change on intakes):

4.5.15 Side-slip
(4) Degradation in airspeed system goes down to zero airspeed indication. Depending on airspeed indicator, negative values may be indicated

This is important drawback and inconvenience of sliping that should be modeled right.

No such indicated speed change is experienced in modelled Ls8,please correct this.

3 Likes

BUG REPORT:

The LS8 flight_model.cfg needs

[FLIGHT_TUNING]
modern_fm_only =1

otherwise it is unflyable for sim pilots with “GENERAL OPTIONS” “FLIGHT MODEL” => “LEGACY”

1 Like

Sorry if this has been answered before.
I’ve only been on MSFS2020 for about a month but was using FSX for many years.
In FSX there was a keystroke that that would put the glider higher in the sky as long as you held the key down, I used to go up to about 5,000 ft above grond level and then glide back down to the runway.

Is this still possible without using a tow plane or winch?

Press Y for slew mode then F4 to go up F1 to go down, there are also other movmenet keys.

Thank you, works just as it used to.

No slew mode needed - go into the assistance menu button and look for teleport to higher altitude (IIRC).

The DG LS8 flies very well for me on Xbox Series X, it’s even a real treat.
I only fly in real live weather, mainly in the Southern Alps. Today the weather was favorable, I took off from St Crépin (LFNC) towed by the Cessna ; I took 10,000 ft thanks to very good winds of slopes which brought me up the ridges; I flew over Gap Tallard (LFNA); I went to Barcelonnette (LFMR); once there I went back to land in St Crépin. My flight lasted 1h38mn18s 
 waaaooo !!! I enjoyed what a pleasure !!!.

Big thanks Asobo for the physics, the flight model, the realist meteo, you are the best :wink:

4 Likes

So what has actually changed with the ls8 in the update , It still sticks to the ground on aerotow and the slip string is super hard to read as it bends in the middle and not the whole thing like rl

1 Like

Indeed long “sticking” to the ground even at high speed during winch launch and tow start is the most significant bug of ls8 model - I think it may be something with the angle at which wings are attached to fuselage as if at the nose pitch in ground rolling position not enough lift is generated so pilot must pull stick to “unglue” the glider while in RL it should easily lift at Vmin speed with a gentle pull and at higher speed should lift even with stick centered.

As for changes in SU12beta - they clearly increased adverse yaw effect - which is good and removed this ugly “bull horns” FLARM antena from the cockpit which is also great.

1 Like

In real life, we have one in a car, one wingman and depending on whether we are transporting both of our gliders or only one, a breakman. And for storing them back in the hanger, we got a few more people

But we don’t taxi, we bring them back from the final landing position to the take off again

1 Like

How does one change the frequency on the LS8? Cause I press CHN, I Tune it in, I Press DONE, It’s not changed

LS-8 minor texture improvement 
 NICE one , look pretty now just cant fly it correctly.

Is there any news from the developers when the default gliders will be fixed

or have they taken the money and run .

Ask for a refund :wink:

Thats really going to fix the problem isn’t it .

My comment was tongue in cheek. The LS8 came free with the 40th anniversary update.

still not helping

So fly the Discus instead, it has none of these such problems.

that LX8830 MFD is not correctly programmed, the bottom RH knob should allow you to SCROLL but it is incorrectly set to PAGE !
Buda

1 Like