Official Discussion: Game of the Year Edition

What a wonderful announcement!

I do however question the inclusion of Miramar MCAS. With their upcoming release to coincide with Top Gun 2, NAS Fallon would have been a better and more realistic choice. US Navy flies the Super Hornet, not the USMC and since 1996, Fallon has been the home of the Naval Fighter Weapons School, not Miramar.

1 Like

F18 hornet omg yes let’s go !!!

3 Likes

So if the GOTYE replaces the Standard Edition, does that mean Gamepass users will be using the new GOTY version after the reader date?

1 Like

Yes that’s correct!

1 Like

To resume

On november 18th, you will have 3 options to buy MSFS :

1- MSFS game of the year edition (which is standard + new content)
2 - MSFS Deluxe (which is Standard + Deluxe + new content)
3 - MSFS Premium (which is Standard + Deluxe + Premium + new content)

:smiley:

Oooohhhhh Brighton has got some love, nice!

2 Likes

resulted in a great and fun new aircraft with exception capabilities in the simulator.

Ah ha, CTDs from unhandled exceptions confirmed.

Also, can’t wait for the Windows 11 Extra livery. That’s what it’s all about! Oh, I see buried at the bottom weather engine update and DX12. Yeah, that’s cool too I guess. :wink:

2 Likes

The extra fee planes are definitely nice. I wonder how good the PC-6 will be. The new Cub will be fine to fly around game parks and the like.

1 Like

Hoping the HUD on the Super Hornet will function properly (functioning velocity vector etc
)

1 Like

Wow, what a nice surprise. Thanks!

Very pleasant surprise, this. Looking forward to the PC-6!

1 Like

Thank you!

Hello! I haven’t bought MFS yet, but I wanted it for a long time. Tell me what will be more profitable, buy the Premium Deluxe Bundle now or wait for the GOTY release? And will the Premium Deluxe Bundle / GOTY give free access to future updates or will there be some other “super duper mega cool” dls later that will have to be purchased separately?

Either purchase will get you the Sim/World Updates every month. If you buy the Premium Deluxe bundle now, when GOTY comes out you will get that for free.

The GOTY Edition will be the new Standard Edition.

Hint: Hold out another hour if you want to purchase the sim :wink: You’ll see why soon.

4 Likes

Sale incoming? :eyes:

Oh, as I understand it, GOTY ≠ Deluxe / Premium Deluxe?
If so, will there be a “Super” Premium Deluxe Edition in the future?

Yes, GOTY = Standard Edition when released.

I don’t have any news on a “Super” Premium Deluxe Edition.

1 Like

I feel kinda bad for FSG, who make the Porter Payware.
First Milviz is faster than them and now there will be a Porter included for free.

3 Likes

What a great surprise! So much content added such as airports, planes and photogrammetry for free! :smiley: Thanks!

1 Like

This announcement might have just cost Just Flight some cash. I was considering getting the Hawk T1 to have a jet to mess around in. But with the F/A-18 Hornet announcement I might just wait.

It’s not really ready for a full release. From the dev talk they mentioned its pretty basic and the UI could use improvements before a full release. But its nice that if you really want to mess with it. Or your using it as they do to make cinematics it will be there.

1 Like