Official Discussion: Hotfix 1.18.15.0

No 1.18.15.0 hotfix for me now just launching sim and going through “checking for update …” (I checked MS Store first, too). Still on 1.18.14.0.

As far as removing packages from the Community folder, why can’t Microsoft be clever enough to make the Community folder “invisible” during the update process? Then after the update, make it functional again and appropriately updated for the latest sim updates, even identifying if possible packages that are going to cause problems (Windows is clever enough to do it with programs when updating to a major new Windows version). And for newbies like me, what’s the difference between a “package” and a “mod?” Especially with Xboxers coming on board, announcements need to take different levels of experience into account rather than assuming everyone here is a veteran flight simmer by now.

I only have the Hype H135 Airbus helicopter v1.4.1 and a My Simple Aircraft compiled from an early SDK. I don’t feel like moving 1.6 Gb of stuff out of my Community folder every time there is any sort of update unless (showing my ignorance), moving only involves changing the files addresses in the FAT and doesn’t physically involve rewriting 1.6 Gb of stuff with every move. If so, you might put the basics of what goes on in emptying and restoring the Community folder in a linked FAQ. Otherwise, one is writing to lots of SSD’s worldwide just to avoid update problems that maybe Microsoft/Asobo should address at ground zero rather than always going about updates in an imperfect “patch” mode.

4 Likes