Official Discussion: Hotfix 1.18.15.0

Windows 11 - This user gave nice overview, can you see if this works for you? Where are people downloading the hotfix from? - #11 by SlinkyMate

2 Likes

Weight and fuel planning still hosed in 1.18.15.0.
Takes your entries away before you can save.
Does not save them you have to enter them every time you start a flight

While annoying, to be fair, was not at all mentioned in the release notes, so not sure what the expectation was …

1 Like

thank you soo much for the hotfix

4 Likes

This is a great hotfix !

3 Likes

I wouldn’t dare answering this question… but there is a new topic which you might find more appropriate for discussing this:

The MSFS Update process - the digital equivalent of a Rube Goldberg Machine? - Community / General Discussion - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

4 Likes

:kissing_heart: thank you guys

1 Like

After update on Xbox flying over London and graphics look stunning and even better than before!
What a lucky….I quote “gamer” :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

LOD on trees still seems to be not working well. Took off from LAX in a C152 and noticed that when only at 2000 feet, I see trees popping in probably only a mile or so from my plane. This is one ultra settings, admittedly with both LOD sliders turned down to 100 instead of 200.

In the photos, look under the left wing. You can clearly tell where trees are morphing in because the color changes (pretty dramatically) when they do.

Are others seeing this? I don’t remember ever hitting this before, but truthfully only use LAX to see what the performance is like. I thought tree LODs in general were supposed to be fixed, either by SU5 or by one of the 2 hotfixes since?

Thanks,
Scott

4 Likes

Thank you for the hotfix. :+1:

3 Likes

What I find peculiar in your shots, is that as you move forward, there are details farther away which are disappearing (above the left wing tip there is a darker region which changes to a lighter one in the 2nd shot)

4K Ultra - SU5 Hotfix 2

32 Likes

They still haven’t fixed the toolbar arrow not automatically hiding anymore. Not sure how they missed this.

9 Likes

The biggest problem for me since the patch last Friday was CTD, and it took less than 5 minutes in flight to get a CTD just now.

So I’m glad you all got your eye candy. But the core sim still doesn’t work, and it used to work, so… :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Sorry it only says 'Play"

Hmm… Baron spawned in with gear retracted even though I had my gear lever down.

Restart fixed it though. Strange…

Still BSODing here - different error code every time.

Nothing else, including Pre SU5 BSODs this machine.

Updated, started sim, loaded exact same test flight I’ve been using since SU5 came out. Flight from Le Touquet to Gatwick in the TBM930. Prev tests worked perfect until final approach to Gatwick, then BSOD.

Hotfix 2 BSODs before I can get out of France.

Oh well, they didn’t say they’d fixed the BSODs and CTDs yet, so it was expected, only it got worse.

So another couple of weeks to wait without simming I suppose. Hopefully. :grimacing:

1 Like

Awesome stuff enjoy your weekend

Clouds look great again (no more pink/green tinging). Premium Deluxe EGLL still missing jetways though :frowning:

1 Like

Just to report that the update has downloaded flawlessly on the Xbox (I think it uses a different process to PC and updates automatically from the Xbox dashboard).

Quick evening flight over Rio to my eyes showed some possibly significant improvements to overall lighting :+1:.

1 Like