Official Discussion: Hotfix 1.18.15.0

I don’t think the size of the beta team was the reason why the buggy version was released

2 Likes

Due to extreme load, some forum services are restricted.

Reboot did it for me

2 Likes

Second attempt to start the game. Again, it did not even reach the menu. My computer froze during the loading screen.
Had to hard reset the PC to reboot.

(of course, no mods whatsoever)

Just downloaded the update. Looks good. Great clarity of objects in the distance and clouds look good. BUT … the VFR Map is broken. Doesn’t even show the correct track. This could be a problem with future events I run, if people can’t follow the route. I’d like to hear feedback from others about this issue.

I restarted my PC, only after that I got the mandatory update request.
The scenery is ways better than ever before !
Can’t stop watching ! Stunning !!!

by walter

3 Likes

The game tells me there is a mandatory update in windows store, but windows store is not offering any update. Already restarted the PC but no result.

I just flew IFR in 172 G1000 and the VFR map showed my route.

2 Likes

You need to click on the ellipses in the upper right of the store window, then select Updates and pick MSFS from the list.

Something is very wrong. Flying the Baron. It’s struggling to get over 8000 ft. FLC does nothing. Tried VS. It’s stalling at 200 fpm climb trying to reach 9000 ft.

1 Like

It says that the Update is 127.94 GB - I don’t understant.
Update: All is fine. Just the Sim screwed the installation path :slight_smile:

I’m a PC, Microsoft store user, the following finally worked, I signed out of Xbox live and Microsoft Store. Signed back into Xbox Live and MS Store and update appeared.

1 Like

So simmers…as I will get my hands on it in not less than 10hrs…whats the outcome for us? Can we use real weather with ATC turned on or at least no temperature like +58C in FL400?? Are the ground textures looking better from high altitudes especially over the mountains and cities?
Just curious about your own experience throughout both platforms and not just via patch notes

Getting approximately 5 to 7% worse performance with this hotfix. 5900x and a 3080. Visuals are almost same.

VFR map is still broken for bush trips

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll do some more testing.

Everything working fine for me, thank you guys!

1 Like

Same for me. But I still get 70fps! Seriously though, 70 fps of bad looking scenery is just that. And i took a circle around LAX, one of their specially designed areas. But it did not CTD on the first attempt. I’m going to reboot things and see if anything changes and set up something that lasts more than 20 minutes because the CTD’s seem to start happening about an hour into any single run.

Did it improve things?

My opinion is it matches and beats SU4 on the scenery levels including clouds

10 Likes