Official Discussion: Hotfix 1.18.15.0

Since the latest fix has anyone noticed a white haze when flying low over water? I was approaching Honolulu at about 3000’ and sections of water with a whitish haze kept popping up around me. I’ll try and post a screenshot if I see it again.

Looking great so far. Still LOD 5/2 but its ok.

1 Like

Some kind of streaming issue I think. I need to zendesk it - happens in a few areas in the UK, although I’ve not seen it elsewhere personally

1 Like

Read RELEASE NOTES. There is nothing about fixing LOD (only low res texture in high alt). It will be deal with in SU6 or later bro.

3 Likes

Try this mod:

2 Likes

I can reproduce this bug, but only at EGNX. It does not seem to affect other airports.

France also. Not only Streaming data. The standard Autogen is in some parts also nothing to find.
(DDR4 40-50Gbps / Gddr6 (XBox) 450-600 Gbps)

First impressions of the Update, visuals much improved but still not as good as SU4.
AA is still pretty poor and the scenery pop in is likewise very distracting. Hopefully they can get that back to where it was (or improved even) with the next few patches.

As for CTD’s, ever since the beginning in Aug 2020 I’ve been lucky to have had very few of them. The only ones I get now are related to addons, I have removed them for now until the relevant 3rd parties update them.

The main one for me was the Orbx London scenery, with that installed I can’t spawn at any airport that is within 20 miles or so of London, it just crashes on the loading screen after about 5 minutes of waiting.
I can however fly over London if I start further out but with the current scenery pop in/out it’s not looking very good anyway.

2 Likes

If you’ve bought it from the marketplace, you’ll need to uninstall Orbx London Landmarks to be able to spawn in London area - otherwise you get the hang you’ve described. Update coming I believe

1 Like

Yes, thanks, I have now uninstalled it, was just mentioning it in case it was helpful to others that might have it installed.

Ah yes, the little conspiracy theory. That’s fine, no problem.

No hotfix 1.18.15.0 available in the store.
Started windows again and log in and out of the store but still no hotfix to download.
It’s now not possible to start MSFS 2020.

Well, as a studio engineer, I can tell you that the big difference is quite noticeable. Of course not on a kitchen radio (or 1080p monitor)

1 Like

I don’t have any update for FS in the Store. I restart Win 10.

If it was that, it would happen everywhere surely…

For me I had to go into the store and then find a previous update of the sim listed and click on that.
I then got taken to the screen that shows I have it already installed and the only option is the play button. I left it on that screen while I went to make a cup of Tea and when I returned it was just starting to download it.
That’s the answer, make some Tea and wait :crossed_fingers: :slight_smile:

I think the autogen is streamed in part too - pretty sure it’s not al downloaded locally for the entire world

Depends on the amount of data. Got it largely around larger cities. Strangely enough, New York works.

Maybe because people with less then 32g ddr3/4 ram (24g would be more accurate limit)!? This is not so much of a problem for xbox since it uses the much superior ddr6…

Mine is using about 6 gig of ram.
XBOX DDR6 superior? Running DDR 6x here :slight_smile: