Official Discussion: Hotfix 1.18.15.0

How hard is your fps hit with 200.Try 150. 200 should not be bad as pre SU5.200 was a much bigger hit on my system before but it did look better.

Did you check your settings to make sure it wasnā€™t tuned back to a low end or medium with the update? Mine were somehow set back from ultra to some hybrid custom settings and the graphics looked awful and the loading was always taking power from the GPU. I reset things to ultra and it looks fine again.

LOL. Especially since this isnā€™t some backwater bush strip also used for some dirt racing during off hours.

1 Like

LOL you are over my house in the Allegiant livery screenshot

2 Likes

@gamertagguy7199, Iā€™m a little late to the party with your conversation with @xxYUNIORxx, but I must say I agree with him. The amount of vile, vitriol, and abject hatred that was spewed on this forum the past few days (and frankly, pretty much after every update) has been almost embarrassing even to those of us who did not participate.

FWIW, I use VR, too, and I find that the experience has improved with a caveat. The improvement is that I can now literally run the sim, in VR, with every setting maxed (which is to say, all on Ultra except those that donā€™t have an Ultra setting), and I get smooth performance, even in airports that once I didnā€™t even dare to travel to. When you get to the biggest of the big, the airports with the highest degree of complexity the game has to offer, then it starts to get a little choppy, but places like DFW, SFO, and even LAX have worked just fine for me post SU5, and were no-fly zones previously.

The caveat is that that clarity that the ā€œ2d render scale set at 200ā€ trick offered me, and some others, but not everyone, has degraded a bit. But the fact that ā€œtrickā€ worked in the first place, something that made absolutely no sense, that a seemingly unconnected 2D setting could improve VR clarity proves that, some how, some way, it can be replicated. That is one area I wish Asobo would continue to investigate to see if they can isolate the why, and insert that into the standard VR code where it belongs.

But if you wish to continue being unhappy when so many others including, perhaps especially, many of those who were guilty of spewing much of those negative comments have decided itā€™s not so bad after all, please, by all means, be my guest.

Kev

First off mods, I know thereā€™s a thread for the discussion of the hotfix. But posts get buried so fast in there that they get lost instantly. I would like to see if anyone else is seeing this issue and discuss it specifically.

Since 1.18.15.0, I seem to be getting pauses in the sim. It can happen any time. I could be parked setting up my plane for takeoff. I could be on a taxiway, runway on roll, in cruise, etc. Doesnā€™t seem to matter.

The sim just suddenly freezes. Sound keeps playing. Radio comms seem to continue, but my task manager says ā€œNot Respondingā€. Then as quickly as it came, itā€™s gone. This didnā€™t occur with SU5 or the last hotfix. This is a new issue as of yesterday. Before anyone asks (although I know they will anyway), yes, Iā€™ve tried with my community folder empty. With or without mods makes no difference.

Anyone else seeing this?

3 Likes

Yeah, I had that a few times on a flight yesterday up in Canadaā€¦ It always resumed, but did pause once for almost 40 secondsā€¦

Later on I had a CTD

ā€œfunā€

1 Like

Had them in bunches after the original update. Had none after the first hotfix, and had one earlier today after the 2nd hotfix. Taking a wait and see approach on if they persist now.

Stability is terrible on this build. Even moreso than the last hotfix. Never had such an unstable MSFS experience as since SU5 was launched. Each hotfix has made it worse without actually fixing the important things they were supposed to fix.

3 Likes

Yes I have also had seen this too. Happened twice on a flight from EIDW to EBBR. I held my breath praying it wouldnā€™t CTD! Thankfully it didnā€™t but very strange and unnverving!

Have had a 3 or 4 instant CTDā€™s with SU5 but before SU5 I think I had maybe two unsolicited CTDā€™s since release (and a few others that were caused by my tinkering with mods so self inflicted and easily rectified)

For me, since SU5, everything went to hell!!!..The sim worked just fine before, with butter smooth 40 to 50fps, now it is simply unplayable for me, I get 60fps yes, but between 30 sec pauses and/or stuttering as HELL every few secondsā€¦I want the MSFS I had prior to this ā– ā– ā– ā–  ā€œupgradeā€. :cry:

Performance is decent for me overall. Frame times are a lot smoother with less microstuttering. Performance still ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  the bed as soon as I pop out windows for my cockpit setup though. I donā€™t lost the smooth frame rate, but it drops me by 15 fps as soon as I undock a display, ATC window, etc, which is a pain.

These long pauses are just a total pain. It even happens in the menus at times. It seems quite random.

@CategoryMods - I think thereā€™s enough response here that this should likely be moved to the bug section for voting. Itā€™s clearly not just me at this point.

1 Like

I have moved your post to Official Discussion: Hotfix 1.18.15.0 for the the following reason:

I understand you donā€™t want your post buried in the main hotfix discussion but we would like to group all posts regarding the hotfix in one location. It allows other members to post and search within one topic instead of multiple topics scattered around.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been getting random hard crashes. Not CTD, complete computer stoppage. Have to power cycle or hit the reset button to recover. CPU temps in the 50s GPU around 70 so itā€™s not temp related.

DDR 6 doesnā€™t exist. Itā€™s GDDR6 and DDR4. DDR is CPU memory and GDDR is graphics memory. The 4 and 6 are not comparable and one is not better than the other. They are both suitable for different tasks.

If you are seeing green arrows it means that the autopilot is using either VOR 1 or 2 and not GPS to guide.

Dead center in the bottom row of buttons you should see one labeled CDI press that button until you see the magenta arrows. This will mean you are in NAV mode using GPS for guidance.

Hope it helps.

Sorry, guess I should ask if you are referring to the Flight Plan on the MFD (Right side screen) of the HSI on the PFD.

Was getting random CTDā€™sā€¦followed the advice of another poster here and tried limiting fps in Nvidia control panel to 30 and problem was solved. Then tried setting it to the refresh rate of my monitor which is 60 and itā€™s even smoother with no CTDā€™s. :+1:

Likeā€¦ bad, usually I get 25-30 FPS with my current LOD, 200 drops me to 15, sometimes 8-10 around Atlanta or LAX. Havenā€™t bothered to test it around New York yet.

Yup! I did. Everything was okay when it comes to the graphics. I had saved my user config file cuz I had to do a full reinstall