Official Discussion: Hotfix 1.18.15.0

Trying to picture the next Q&A. They have some explaining to do to preserve their credibility. Cheers :wink:

3 Likes

Not sure what you mean by that, I don’t see them needing to explain anything they haven’t already. A big part of SU5 was cleaning up the old FSX code that was hampering the performance for the majority of the players, and they did introduce some things they have now reverted or are about to correct with the next WU. I don’t think we have any reason to assume some sort of conspiratorial foul play just because of XBOX release, which to be honest does bring in money to keep the development going.

2 Likes

Amen, amen. Everyone is pretty happy now, but a simple release note recognizing the bugs, most of which must have been known to Asobo before SU5, would have alleviated almost all of the despair in the community and the hate directed toward Microsoft. There’s been marvelous progress since then, but it doesn’t change the fact that Asobo, but mainly Microsoft, screwed up terribly by releasing SU5 when they did and utterly refusing to speak to the community for 3 days. Some of the damage they did is irreparable – i.e., users who were so disgusted with the fiasco that they left and disparaged Flight Simulator to the world on their way out the door. We all hope that MS has learned not to pull such a stupid stunt again.

4 Likes

Mod Edit: Post moved from duplicate thread

FINALLY I can play my game like how it was before!! WOooooo, with the help of some members on the forums, I was able to get the perfect level of Terrain LOD and Object LOD for my rig. Which is: i5-9300H, GTX 1650, 16gigs of ram.

Majority of my settings are on medium.

Here are two screenshots after I made the change:

Before the hotfix I couldn’t do anything. I have a few minor stutters and some FPS drops but that’s cuz I am not on a fancy 2000 series or 3000 series. Now I can fly peacefully again!!!

If anyone has the same specs or close
 here are my settings:

6 Likes

Considering this isn’t their first time leaving us hanging to blow in the wind, I doubt it. I hope it doesn’t happen again but we all know it will. We asked them time and time again to at least communicate and acknowledge the issues they know of beforehand but they don’t give a ■■■■. They have our money. We just have to eat whatever they put out.

2 Likes

How can I tell which version I am running?

That’s exactly what happened to me with SU5. With the much, much smaller hot fix 2, it could certainly have occurred without being noticeable. I’m not saying it did, but it’s a phenomenon of which most of us should be aware.

Press Alt and enter

1 Like

Or just click on your icon in the sim.
Regards

1 Like

In the tropics, temperatures below 30,000 feet tend to be well above ISA year-round. It is almost a “given”. Interestingly, at higher altitudes in the tropics, temperatures are almost always well below ISA - much colder than areas farther north or south. YPDN is no exception
 Between 36,000 feet and 42,000 feet, temperatures go from ISA +11 (-45C) to ISA -6 (-62C) dropping all the way to -70C at 47,000 feet, and a bone-chilling -75C at 50,000 feet.

1 Like

Just the Mooney. Haven’t flown it in quite a while though.

I did just have a nice smooth flight from KSAN to Loreto, Mexico in the CJ4 mod. No issues other than the altimeter bug. Turns out FL400 desired is really FL425 on the altimeter.

It was night for most of the way and there’s probably not much photogrammetry on the way either.

1 Like

Friends!
Changed file settings UserCFG.opt
set the following parameters:
{PostProcess
Enabled 1
EyeAdaptation 1
ColorGrading 1
Sharpen 0
Fringe 1
LensDistortion 0
Dirt 1
LensFlare 0
FilmGrain 0
Vignette 1
LensBlurMultiplier 1.000000
FringeMultiplier 1.000000
}
The general picture of the sim became softer and the haddles on the clouds disappeared. personally, I like it. try it for yourself.
just back up the file if you don’t like it

Now I really like the general appearance of clouds and soft general appearance

now set such values ​ ​ and sharpness increased, but there are no grains on the clouds

Sharpen 1
FilmGrain 0

The world has become clearer and more detailed, and clouds have almost no pixels at the edges

4 Likes

First time without any issue, CTDs or stutters.

Today i make four flights:

1. MROC to MDSD: 3:50 h flight
 total flight simulator time about 5 h.
  2. MRLB to MROC: 0:35 flight time
    MROC to MHTG: 1:30 flight time
    MHTG to MROC: 1:30 flight time,
    for about 5 h in flight simulator.

Total time in MSFS about 10 h, 4 flights, no CTDs, issues or anything else.

Thanks ASOBO, and Microsoft
finally i have a stable flight simulator
please don’t touch so much the core!!!

1 Like

@Toddimus831 Bro, you need to take a good hard look at the mirror first, before you come here complaining about having issues. Microsoft is adamant, Asobo is adamant, pretty much every reviewer who has ever chimed in is adamant, and I certainly am adamant that overclocks are the first thing to turn off if you’re having problems. So you, and a whole lot of other people 'round this forum who somehow think the rules don’t apply to them need to stop being so stubborn and turn them OFF!!!

You want to know the fastest way for me personally to “turn on” CTDs? To accidentally leave my GPU overclocked. I know because I’ve done it, I’ve tested it, and sometimes I can get away with it for a day or three, but every single time I turn them on it won’t be long until the CTD train pulls into the station. Heck, I even got away with running GPU and CPU overclocks for months, but the software has radically changed since I did that. From my view from the cheap seats, it seems like this has to be the absolute biggest cause of “I’m getting CTDs and it’s Asobo’s fault” disease I can identify as a non-healthcare practitioner.

Nothing is guaranteed, especially with sofware as close to the razor’s edge as our friend MSFS is. You could turn them off and not solve the problem. But there’s a reasonable chance that you will, so #nike. (Which is my own personal hashtag that means, “Just Do It”.)

Kev

PS
 MSFS is not the only game application that has issues with overclocks. In my personal case, neither CP2077 nor Control will run without all kinds of crazy errors, freezes, and crashes if I put in the full overclock my GPU is capable of handling. Neither of them require me to disable them completely like MSFS does, but there’s dozens if not hundreds of games out there I either don’t own, or perhaps they’ve been sitting on my hard drive waiting for me to start them for the first time for months, if not longer. Especially since MSFS came out, I don’t even bother buying stuff on sale anymore, because I know I’m spending so much time flight simming, that I won’t get to it for months and months and months. But some of them might have an aversion to GPU (or CPU) overclocks as well.

5 Likes

Has this hotfix resolved all the Bush Trips problems? or nobody is flying Bush Trios anymore

What changes had you done?

Flightsim.to has something right along those lines. For every mod they are hosting, each gets a little digital green “sticker” if it’s known to be SU5 compatible, and a red one if it’s unknown. Red doesn’t mean it won’t work, only that they’re not sure. I’ve been using those red and green stickers as gospel, and nothing without a green one goes back into my Community folder. It helps that 90%+ of my mods come from there, most of the other freeware websites I just don’t use, or in some cases, find them a bit hinky for reasons I cannot explain. And no, I’m not naming names, because nothing is based on empirical data, just my own hunches, and to a degree, laziness. It’s just easier to find everything in one spot, they make upgrades easy, and now they have this SU5 grading system.

4 Likes

Well this is unfortunate. I wasn’t having any problems with SU5, but now that we got the hotfix, I got a CTD 1 hour into a 4 hour flight
 An auto save function would alleviate a lot of the frustration a CTD causes.

2 Likes

Good advice. And FWIW it’s what I also learned the hard way with P3D.

Over five years I had so many CTDs and BSODS from messing around with overclocks, config tweaks and dodgy add-ona that I swore I wouldn’t do it this time.

And using the same system, I have not had any in a year of using this sim whilst running at high settings
of course other people’s mileage might vary,

try toggling real time traffic off then back on - had this happen to me once, and that cured it - and it has never returned. If you don’t use real time traffic though