Official Discussion: Hotfix 1.18.15.0

Whats wrong with these clouds? I think they look pretty good, anyone complaining about clouds should just fly with Clear skies setting lol

3 Likes

You are having a field day arenā€™t you?

The misjudgement Asobo made was that they thought the PC community would be more annoyed if the update was delayed two weeks or so beyond the Xbox release than they would have been doing what they did which was release the update knowing it had issues. The proverbial you know what was going to hit the fan either way but I guess most of us here would have preferred waiting a little while longer for a relatively bug free update even if that meant knowing the Xbox crowd had the shiny new version ahead of us? In the grand scheme of things I donā€™t think I would have minded waiting a couple more weeks.

Mods definitely arenā€™t helping. The really useful push back helper mod available at flightsim.to website is being promoted as working with SU5 but its been a source of CTD for me so sadly out it goes. The other issue is there is a fair few people here who have been editing the sim config file. Again that isnā€™t helping the situation I donā€™t think. Thats why Iā€™ve left mine well alone. Youā€™re potentially in a world of hurt if you start mucking about too much under the bonnet. I do wonder how many people here might have a more stable sim with a fresh install. Iā€™ve certainly thought about doing one.

3 Likes

noticed weird issues with logitech yoke + throttle quadrant:

• logitech throttle quadrant no longer triggers reverse if push thrust lever below zero after the click - i had to assign reverse to a keyboard
  • spoilers no longer work, either from a button on throttle quadrant or from a keyboard

my spoilers work on a lever on throttle quad, and the reverse thrust works by going past the indent near 0%, anyway i think this is the wrong place to post, try hardware section

Glad you asked! :innocent:
Color banding, especially in your 1st picture, upper left area. Havenā€™t seen those pre SU5. And thereā€™s still something purple going on in your next 2 pictures (upper part of pic.2, edges of the whispy clouds in upper part of pic3) that I also havenā€™t noticed pre SU5.
No need to argue, itā€™s just what Iā€™m seeing. If you donā€™t, fine by me!
For me, clouds and lighting are better than SU5HF1, but not completely restored to the state i liked before.

Are you using toolbar pushback v1.2.3 for SU5 HF2?

Any peripheral/controls that are not working as they should be since the update probably need their own controller updates from their makers as Asobo themselves will likely be tightly confined to Microsoftā€™s specsā€¦ And I would imagine that most manufacturers are already working on their solutions so keep visiting their websites.

i have try to make some region now in loca cache and teh download rate of it is terribel now i have 70 M7B + conection and download are in kb Arera it semm the server are very bussy now and can not deliver more it wihil also declare the bad ingame update when the server are not can resppond fast enough to all pc and xbox user now

1 Like

Here is a short clip recorded before HF2, DC6 Clouds MSFS2020 - YouTube
again i see nothing wrong yet people still moan

As i glance over at my Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo which has no software support bc "the peripherals are ā€œfully"configurable in MSFSā€. I swear i hate the fact that honeycomb did and is doing that. Make a config tool honeycomb!!!

In another post i was defending the color banding, as in my case at that moment it looked like purple on high icy clouds (far distance) and greenish in extreme dense clouds in closer distance (i hope this is what they are trying, as iā€™m seeing multiple colors in the banding besides pink/purple and green).

But now after a while, iā€™m seeing it more but only when specific layers which make up a dense cloud are visible, but also not in all lighting conditions. I also need to say, i made changes to the gamma correction in the nvidia control pannel (turned it off).

If it needed no drivers before the MS/Asobo will have to modify theirs ā€¦ but letā€™s be clear Iā€™m talking about functionality rather than the mapping of buttons etc.

Functionality can be related to mapping no?

If the button press registers in Windows it is functional but it is not neccessarily linked to anything.

I think that I agree with you on this. I guess that the whole pc community would have applauded a statement like: weā€™re ready for the box, but delay the pc roll out for two weeks until weā€™ve straightened out some if the most important issues that were found during the testing phase.

Please correct me if I am mistaken on this.

1 Like

Seams to me the hav not TEST the pc version only want deliever the xbox version so many havye error`s in pc version can not be overseen as the hat untertaken the pc update an test

You might be right, or you might be trying to find things as to support your agrement that Asobo has degraded the visuals to be able to stick it into the box.
Now that some people have posted pictures to show that the clouds are looking great to them. Could you post some pre and post SU5 pics to prove your point?
And just to get this straight: I hope you havenā€™t used no graphic card settings, like Nvidiaā€™s own software. I would like to see just the look of the plain sim, no external software modifications.

Why must they roll it back if it solved the problems to most here? Please read all the posts and let us know how many are satisfied and how many are not. This will be interestingā€¦

3 Likes

Actually no I donā€™t think so. If thereā€™s a new version for HF2 Iā€™ll check it out. Thanks for letting me know.