Official Discussion: Hotfix 1.18.15.0

So an interesting observation on my end.

Since the UK update, I haven’t been able to put my terrain LOD above 100 without tanking my frames to single digits. Even after SU 5 and the first hotfix, that didn’t change, although after SU5, I was in the teens and low 20s instead of single digits.

After Hotfix 2, I can now put terrain LOD at 200 again without murdering my frame rate. In fact, it has only minimal impact on performance over 100 ( about 3 fps average I’d say) with it set at 200.

It certainly makes the world look nicer.

Let me understand, it’s only Vatsim or whatever you use causing the CTD’s?

If that is the case then that is e.g. Vatsim where you should really be looking for an update even though Asobo may be able to issue a patch for the way it connects they can’t change any 3rd party software itself.

And i wanna say…
I have the boxed version since it launched in 2020. And had only a few issues. Like Azure Voice.

I can’t see that that matters because it will have been completeäy overwritten by the updates

I agree that conspiracy theories are uncalled for. I just feel that they could have done a much better job communicating with the community at large. Like preparing us for the changes brought about by SU5 , how best to deal with them for now, and what they intend to do about them going forward. To their credit they are addressing these issues with a series of hotfixes. But why were they necessary? What happened with the pre-release testing? Why are so many unable to either update or even run the sim? What about these popins? These are just some of the things that I think need explanation. IMO their PR needs to be improved to restore credibility and possibly avoid the huge community outcry brought about by SU5.

No, you misunderstood.

I mean.
I think my ctd’s are coming from ingame atc.
I tried it with windows in sound options menue.
I tried it with azure voice in sound otions menue.
Both comes to ctd’s in a equal time inflight.

Since i turned atc completly off in the settings menue i have no ctd’s.

But i need a atc for immersion playing.
And i do stutter (i dont know the right english word).
Thats why i do not use vatsim or something like that, because of shame.
And i dont want the guys from vatsim to wait long for my words.

Understand?

1 Like

You Just can Rename your Community folder e g. To “fairytales” before updating , afterwards delete the new existing community folder and rename fairytales back to community. But the old mods inside this folder might disturb the updated flightsim.

In settings go to traffic and for traffic type see if “realtime online” is still an option

If it is I suspect you haven’t got the latest hotfix

With you for sure. I CTD about 75% of the time just zooming into an airport to just select a departure point. Still CTD on the FbW320, regardless what others say. The graphics look more like pre SU5 for me. The wonderful smoothness is gone from the update. Even though it says Im getting 53fps at times, big time stuttering. To make planes, that work, flyable, I lock in at 30fps. IDK why, but this looks much better. Weather, at least to me, is still not close to accurate. Stock A320 is still garbage. AP runs you into the ground. Latest weirdo, loaded up C172, and the trim button just clicks away. Why? iDK, I’m not doing anything. Never seen this before. One frustrating moment after another. Glad to see others are seeing such improvement…count your blessings. Oh yeah, i haven’t heard ATC at all today. Was it something I said? I get no Clearance options. Just weird…

That is an addon from the marketplace, and it’s for money only, I bet you bought it and you forgot

Ah, okay.
Last try was yesterday.
The programm only update the exe on Microsoft Market place. Ingame was no update.
I think i have that option…

that did the trick for me

You need that hotfix

1 Like

ATC is still not recognizing when you reach assigned altitude even with correct altimeter. You still have to go 1,500 to almost 2,000 above before ATC recognizes it and assigns you a new one to climb to. Funny thing is now from what I experience if they assign you say FL180 and you have set FL380 in your plan, they just let you stay at FL180 until you ask then to increase your altitude and when you do they will then ask you to climb to FL180 even though you are there. It’s only until you hit 190 or close to 200 that they will then tell you to climb to the altitude you requested. Also experienced something last night that I never have. Just all of a sudden ATC stopped responding even though they were, but with no text nor audio from them.

Yes still known issue may get fixed by WU6 if not before

1 Like

Yes you are correct. I have been checking my downloads and forgot that I had actually bought it.
I am going to remove it and see if it makes a difference.

Thanks for pointing that out.

1 Like

So far Hotfix 2 is working as well as the first fix stability wise and it looks great.

Oh and OMG DOUBLE RAINBOW!!!

1 Like

I think for people who fly general aviation and VFR, the sim is probably in an acceptable state. For the others who fly IFR and airliners, there is a lot left to be desired.

2 Likes

Honestly, I don’t see much difference with Hotfix 2 vrs Hotfix 1 vrs SU5. Maybe a bit of degradation compared to pre-SU5 (colors just seem to be more intense than previously). What I have noticed is that flying VFR with most settings on Ultra (as I had pre-SU5), I see a bit of stuttering every 4-5 seconds. Wish I saw that marvelous increase in frame rates that was promised. One issue I do have - I’m the only aircraft at the airports I’m flying in and out of (smaller GA airports). The ramps have plenty of vehicles but not a single plane to found. I’ve got the slider for static aircraft to max. What the heck is going on?

Colors do seem a bit more intense and saturated but I’ve found this is only the case in more lively “tropical” place that in general are very bright during this time of the year. i.e. the Bahamas.

But I still think it’s absolutely gorgeous for a sim that is all stock scenery.

2 Likes