Official Discussion: January 6th, 2022 Development Update

The files are all still there, it’s just a cleaner structure.

I found that you can expand the list back out to the 100’s of files by clicking the 3 horizontal lines to the right of the world update/ packs

Personally I much prefer seeing only 35 lines as it’s easier to see only the items I’ve purchased rather than all game files.

2 Likes

I could get METAR data for all airports in Europe but no data for Canada where I was trying to fly last night.

I reported this on this forum but have had no response from the team. They suggested that my issues were related to the FBW A320NX which is just nonsense.

Ditto but at least have managed to reinstall.

1 Like

No issues here with installing the update:

1. Emptied community folder
  2. Updated MSFS in Store
  3. Opened MSFS - Update ran approx 4 minutes
  4. Deleted and disabled rolling cache
  5. Re-enabled rolling cache

All my settings were still the same, loaded a C172 at EGHH no issues.

Just got to try a flight now.

1 Like

Can start the FBW A320 now. What did I do:

• Delete all Folders in %AppData%\local\packages\MicrosoftFlightSimulatorxxxx\localcache… which contains any files of FBW Neo…
  • Install FBW stabel version (as admin)
  • in %AppData%\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_xxxx\LocalCache\Packages\Community\flybywire-aircraft-a320-neo\SimObjects\AirPlanes\FlyByWire_A320_NEO\panel

open panel.cfg and change: (0,0,0,0 to 0,0,1,1)

htmlgauge00=WasmInstrument/WasmInstrument.html?wasm_module=systems.wasm&wasm_gauge=systems, 0,0,1,1
htmlgauge01=WasmInstrument/WasmInstrument.html?wasm_module=fbw.wasm&wasm_gauge=fbw, 0,0,1,1
htmlgauge02=WasmInstrument/WasmInstrument.html?wasm_module=fadec.wasm&wasm_gauge=FadecGauge, 0,0,1,1

Hope this helps… (feedback welcome)

This was the first update in some time that went as advertised. I have two copies - one on Microsoft Store and one on Steam. I had put the Steam copy on the Beta and left the Store version on the non-beta. Both updated without a glitch. I have had problems in the past few with the store version having to go through its back and forth messages - but once it started, there were no problems. Steam has always been trouble free. What am I doing differently? The only difference I can see in reading other’s comments is that I have no add-ons. None from the store or anywhere else except the world updates when offered. With all the different computer designs and mods, all the peripherals, all the programming mods available through forum hints (not to mention the downloadable ones), and other changes people make, it is no wonder the developers (on both ends) have problems making adjustments. Being an old guy, who has seen many flight sims come down the pike, I marvel at the work being done, even with the glitches. The biggest problem I see with this effort appears to be self-imposed deadlines. While it’s good for the consumer to have an expectation of a release, it can cause the developer a lot of heartburn. The open beta was a real step forward in my opinion. Thanks to all involved with the development of a masterpiece!

I dont tnink it exista a QA department

need urgent help !
I have cancelled the update download yesterday due to no progress in the download process.
Afterwards the complete MSFS-App is disappeared :grimacing:
Now I have no possibilities anymore to start or to uninstall the sim for a new installation.
is it perhaps possible to make a new installation without uninstalling before?
Otherwise I have no idea what to do.
can anybody help?

The SIM is best to be installed at the default path of MSFS

Happened to me with a custom install path. I did manage to reinstall but then had a CTD when changing the path of the scenery cache away from the C: drive - I’ve had no CTD’s at any time during the Beta!! Seems OK subsequently.

It is working for me. After copying back the A320 folder back into my community folder I ran the FlyByWire installer and installed the latest update, Development version.

The first time I loaded a flight it took about 15 mins to get to the Fly Now screen. The next time I loaded a flight it loaded in about a minute.

I haven’t tried a flight yet, waiting to get some free time.

Hope it helps, all the best.

1 Like

You know, I used to get paid to test software. Clearly we are all doing it for free. That’s getting old.

6 Likes

Thanks very much for letting me know this as it was really wracking my brains how it could happen! To be fair I went ahead and deleted and now reinstalling and can see it’s only around 30 files and if only I’d read your post as soon as you replied :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Anyway appreciate your response and clearing it up :+1:

1 Like

There is a nuance to this. I would STRONGLY advise to install in a custom folder when one wants to take part in betas. Otherwise chances are high that after going back to final the sim will be wiped and a complete re-install will be necessary. Those posts of very frustrated simmers (including myself) clog the forum after every beta.

Works! flying now, thanks.

Asobo themselves have stated this. Do some research on it. It should always be installed on a separate drive to your operating system. This goes for most games if you don’t want to clog up your os also. I have been doing this since the fsx days.

I am not interested to be a beta tester ever.

Please send me the link that Asobo siad that MSFS its better to be installed on a separate drive and not on C drive.

I know. That’s why I put in the nuance.

Here’s the reference

1 Like

Just flew from EDDM to EDDH with FBW A320 on VATSIM. Everything worked perfectly after the update. Some minor sudden cloud changes near EDDH, but not a serious problem at all. I really enjoyed the flight! Good work, as far as I can tell!