Official Discussion: July 29th, 2021 Development Update

Another thing, I cannot chose the server to connect within the sim. Is this an issue for anyone else?

1 Like

was there no marketplace update till now? anybody knows if the marketplace update is coming after the patch?

Open a thread in the Bugs&Issues section and provide all the details (aircraft, 3rd party contents etc).
A discussion thread about an update is certainly not the right spot to report an issue.

1 Like

I’ve only got a limited understanding of this but isn’t ITT a product of the engine torque? I.e. higher torque = higher ITT.

In those shots as you climb your engine torque is dropping (which I believe is correct?) but ITT remains the same relatively. So if your torque was raised to match what it was at lower altitudes wouldn’t your ITT also be higher? therefore your ITT would be rising for the same torque as you climb.

Also is this the highest torque you can generate at 12k? I recall I could push the throttle up to ~2330 as per the POH at around 12k when I was testing.

Maybe this needs to be taken to a different discussion where more knowledgeable members can weigh in on whether the turboprop logic has improved or not.

Yes, you need to enable multiplayer in data to enable the server options. It’s clear the server used there is only for multiplayer.

The lighting, colors (I disabled color grading) and AA just seem so odd, almost like a cartoon feel to the whole environment, crazy to think cause comparing with SU4 screenshots the differences in lighting, color, shimmering etc are certainly noticeable, have others experienced this behavior?

1 Like

Thanks! Before su5 I could choose server, although multiplayer was disabled.

1 Like

yeah was the same for me, maybe a bug?

And crazy download sizes. A small update in a payware airport, with an overall increase in disk of a few MB, requires to download 5 GB!

1 Like

Could someone please explain to me that if it is possible to release a hotfix so quickly, that purports to fix several such fundamental issues, why those problems hadn’t been spotted during the testing phase of the update? If the problems were so esoteric and had evaded QC I would have expected them to be very difficult to track down, and certainly not fixable within 48 hours. Or rather should we expect little change with the patch, and this is just PR spin? There is a sizeable proportion of the player base that has been suffering from CTDs for over 7 months that has seen little improvement in the overall stability of the product in that time. Forgive us if we welcome this news somewhat sceptically. I remain hopeful however as at the moment the game is currently literally unplayable for me as it freezes after 5 minutes of flight every ■■■■ time. Anything that improves that particular situation will be welcome.

4 Likes

Hopefully after this fix, my joystick’s mapped buttons for the aircrafts will work again like before!

STRONGLY agree on this!.. My controls/joystick is literally unusable!

Developers don’t sit and wait for the release, they’re working all the time.
But if you’re close to release, you don’t put changes into the release that are not tested well enough to not cause even worse problems.
This is especially important on stability or memory leak issues where you could cause more harm than good if you don’t make sure it doesn’t.

Who said they were not spotted in QC or the beta?
The only thing you can say that their fix was not in the release, that’s it. And now they have tested and verified them to bring them as a hotfix.

7 Likes

If that’s the case then it’s incredibly bad PR to bring out an update that you know would break the game for such a large number of people.

2 Likes

Hate to say this, but don’t think what you experience everybody else will experience. I could fly the last 4 months very very smooth without any CTD (A320 FBW). And I’m pretty sure this situation will be the case again after some days and patches.

1 Like

I seriously doubt the number of people that actually can’t play is that large. I don’t count people throwing their toys over blurry textures, the new scenery culling system, broken third party addons or even having minor issues like odd weather fluctuations, and mouse / input annoyances they can work around for now.

5 Likes

Especially when you’ve got a big public launch of the xbox locked and loaded. It’s understandable.

1 Like

I have changed to legacy and don’t mind some of the other changes and managed to figure out a lot of the changes. However I don’t get the feedback on switches and the % text on the air brake when i set that for descent. Also a big problem is the VFR map zooms in and out at the same time as zoom in/out in cockpit, very annoying. Another on the VFR map, which i always have on my second screen does not now display the waypoint markers.
Hoping for help here
Regards
David

MODERATOR EDIT:
“Hello! it would be very interesting if some of us visited the Asobo development workshop in order to calm certain A draw for example
 Have a nice day!”

Bonjour ! il serait trĂšs interessant que certains d’entre nous visite l’atelier Asobo de dĂ©veloppement afin calmer certain Un tirage au sort par exemple
 Bonne journĂ©e !

Will the over saturation and clouds be reverted to before?

1 Like