Local Legend VI: Junkers F 13

Please use this thread to post your impressions and feedback about the Junkers F 13, available now from the in-sim Marketplace for USD $14.99. You can read more about this new Local Legend here.

If you have any bugs related to this plane to report, please create a new thread in the Bugs & Issues section of the forum.

10 Likes

The Junkers is available in shop right now

The Ju-52 and the Dornier Wal have both several issues that never got fixed. So while I like the F 13 I’m certainly not interested to buy a third addon from the same dev.

Support was basically not existent for these addons. Especially when you compare it with how excellent Mike Johnson supported his Savoia-Marchetti S.55.

15 Likes

The Ju-52 got patches, as I recall, but it took a really long time (seems to with all of the LL/FF planes). Not sure about the Wal.

1 Like

Indeed, but the engines of Ju-52 still have no supercharger. That is a pretty big issue. As far as I know the Wal never got an update.

3 Likes

Speaking of engines. Is it me or are they just putting the Wasp engine into everything now? It’s beginning to look like they’re copy/pasting. The description could use some work, like what engines are we actually getting? Kinda poor with telling us straight up.

1 Like

Images looks great!!!

Bought it despite being concerned about the dev (Ju-52 is nice and graphically stunning, Do J has issues, is not as nice graphically and never got patched).

Flew it briefly, it seems nice but it pales compared to the excellent S.55 which is still the best Legend to date. Only a single livery :pensive: (not counting the xbox liveries). Graphically good but not as nice as Junkers or S.55

Is there more than one variant?

Watching the video it looked there is an in-line engine variant and a replica with a radial and modern instrumentation.

Ski and Floats as per the description

old version, old with ski, old with floats, replica

I love that they keep releasing these historical seaplanes when there are absolutely zero water runways in the sim in the parts of the world where these planes were used.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t it be nice if these videos showed the actual pilot’s perspective, at least for a few seconds?

3 Likes

First Microsoft aircraft with a tablet :open_mouth:

13 Likes

That looks cold in winter.

Wonderful to see such an iconic aircraft added to the sim. Looking very much forward to trying out this piece of aviation history.

1 Like

2 Likes

Thank you for making the effort to take that screenshot, but I did indeed see that very short shot and even paused the video. It has a weird angle and does not show the normal pilots perspective …

1 Like

still hoping someone make liveries of this plane which is Deutsche Luft Hansa, Aero O/Y, LOT Polish Airlines, SCADTA Colombia, and Varig

6 Likes