Local Legend VI: Junkers F 13

as long there is no way to modfiy the cfg files,and no autopilot i stay away from planes from market place.
most are useless for me,even for 15€.
i have the 52,never use it,because i do not sit all time in front off the pc,so no autopilot=useless…
only d18 work for me,but need also fixes,i can not do to cfg.
same for all premium

1 Like

That seemed to do the trick! Strange, since i’ve never had this issue before :S

Thanks for the help! :smiley:

1 Like

Nice, yet another vintage continental European aircraft in the local legends series. I know its a new model, but it still feels kind of repetitive.

Why not do something completely different? There are plenty of legendary aircraft that arent from the 1910s-1930s. Why not give us the Harrier that won the transatlantic air race for example? Something completely unique that I’m sure would interest a huge number of people.

Also, as an aside, it would be nice to have the addons in the different series’ marked for which series they belong to in the same way the world updates are numbered.

JU-52 on Market Place have autopilot option. Even 1939 version.

i can´t get it work,and it does not use gps,so it is useless for me.
very easy to fix if you can change cfg…but

…thats what I was writing 3 weeks ago:
Weltfliegers: Aviation Pioneers of the 1920/30s - Community / World Discovery - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Feel elated - as I was really afraid that Jörg would cave in to all those accusations of too many inter-war german types.
Many future PLNs come to mind indeed with the F 13 - after the land-on-water-everywhere-fix-in-the-40y-edition that is. :slight_smile:

As for Oliver’s models: for the price of a pizza & beer you get well created time machines that 99% of us cannot fully judge against the last piece of reality - they define the sims sweet spot.

Keep the good work up, boyz!

3 Likes

GPS is not autopilot. BTW make no sense have GPS or G1000 in aircraft from 1930s. These aircraft are not about complex avionics.

5 Likes

yes,but even the standart autopilot does nothing,i cant get it to hold alt and hold heading. as long there is no way to get to cfg´s it is useless for me,happy if someone enjoy as is.
so i save my money for stuff wat is not on marketplace,and i think i am not the only one…
it is MS wat want to sell,and as long they sell they do not need to change this stupid way to protect aircraft…i buy only wat work for me,or i can fix for me.

1 Like

Regarding the comparatively large wing span and wing area, I am pretty sure the design choices were made to keep the wing loading low, considering the all-metal duraluminum construction was heavier of the contemporary wood-and-fabric airframes and, in addition, trying to keep cruise and stall speeds comparable to the these and with the limitation of power from available engines.

Interesting to note that the Junkers F13 appeared in Hayao Miyazaki last animation movie, “The Wind Rises”, along with Dr Hugo Junkers himself when Jiro Horikoshi (designer of the Mitsubishi “Zero”) happen to visit the Junkers works in Germany.

I strongly recommend this movie to anyone passionate or just interested in aviation history.

14 Likes

I hope they’re not done with German interwar aircraft yet. Really hope to see a Focke Wullf Condor airliner. The great reconstruction project in Bremen should have enough data to make it possible.

2 Likes

Sorry, do I get you right, that you complain about, that a plane from 1919, does not have an autopilot ?!?!
I am sorry, but that plane doesn‘t haven an autopilot irl and thus it is perfect that there is none in the sim also …
:man_shrugging:

11 Likes

Agree. It should be derived as closely as possible from the real world

4 Likes

my complain is not that the Plane have no Autopilot,
my complain is that there is no way to ad via cfg changes.
if there ai Pilot work were also ok,but this is brocken a long time now.
i am happy if you like as is,and i do not buy as is,so were is the Problem?
i want Planes were i have the Option to change or fix cfg,
example,JU52 missing supercharger,2min fix in cfg…ad autopilot same,
and i call it the Copilot do the Job then,i think even old Planes have the option that Copilot fly on longer flight?
so for me it is more realistic as fly all
alone.

1 Like

i also not want a gps or Autopilot at the Panel,only the option to aktivate via Keyboard…so nothing wat destroy the old Plane or look wrong.

They were used in Canada, in fact before they were able to legally fly in Germany due to post-WW1 restrictions. Haven’t had luck finding pics to request a livery, but from a museum page:

It’s not in such good condition right now…

1 Like

Eh… put some speed tape on that and I’m sure it’ll fly just fine!

I do have a question about the cruise settings - on the replica variant, the checklist says to set the RPMs to 1600. As far as I can tell there is no separate RPM lever, so I need to reduce throttle. To hit 1600 I pretty much have to have the manifold pressure set to the very lowest end of the green arc which doesn’t seem right to me. So in the brief time I’ve flown it, I just ignore what it’s supposed to be set to. I am pretty sure I have engine damage turned off anyway… keep meaning to change that but then I forget!

1 Like

3 Likes

But why would you want that? This is a vintage plane where it is all about aviation the manual way. Flying the thing by hand is the actual fun of this.
Maybe it’s me, I don’t get my head around letting the sim do it’s stuff alone and leave the computer…:man_shrugging:
And don’t get me wrong, I also fly planes with autopilot, but then I keep monitoring the systems and enjoy the scenery moving by.

But to be clear: I am with you when it comes to modability - this should be given for first party planes …

And back to topic:
I do really like the Junkers, and the vintage planes in general.
I think we should praise the idea behind a bit more: having a digital aviation museum where old long gone planes come to live again is quite fascinating (for example the upcoming Hughes H-4).

6 Likes

i play Guitar and like to look at a nice plane and enjoy scenery.so i do not leave the pc,but can not stear all time…so wat is wrong to ad autopilot i want,nobody need to do or use if there is a option.
so i buy no more stuff were i have no option to do wat i want,marketplace addons you can only use as is at moment…i hope they change this.
so have fun,i also like this old planes and miss them,but as is…
for me it is realistic to let a copilot fly and do only takeoff and landing.
other like to fly a starship,i have no problem…

1 Like