Local Legend I: Junkers Ju 52

This aircraft was most likely subsidized by MS just as all the free aircraft included in the coming 40th Anniversary Edition are subsidized by MS.

By your criteria, if these pending free aircraft have issues that means, what, no one should have any expectation of the modeled systems to work, because those aircraft are free?

After all they are free, so no expectation should be placed on them to be right within the bounds of their included controls and systems.

Stop tying the price of an aircraft to the quality of it. No one is asking for a low cost high fidelity aircraft in the case of the Junkers, people are asking for the implemented controls and systems to actually function as expected within reasonable terms given the apparent inclusion of controls for those systems or in the case of the superchargers the very engines installed in the aircraft ought to be modeled, as such.

3 Likes

if you get an aircraft for free, you can have zero expectations. Be happy that you can use it for free and hope that the developers of that still give support. But in case you mean the aircraft which are included within MSFS, then this are not ā€œfreeā€ - we paid for it, because these are part of content we paid for the game and so I expect at least bug fixes and can only hope that these getting more details in future.

Whether an aircraft is subsidized or not, is unrelevantā€¦ as @Underbird9276 mentioned, if that would not be that case, the Junkers is more in a range like 40ā‚¬ ( but we not know whether it is realy subsidized , or the price is lower because the assumption that in MSFS more users buy e.g the Junkers ).

I will not stop to mentioned that we get lot for 15ā‚¬, its my opionon and you have yours. Real Bugs should be fixed, thats part of support. Getting new features is not part of that, but often we get new features, often not ( check the big aircraft manufactors, you will never get new features , new high-res textures, or what else ). If you ask for a high-price model, which is mainly same as my wish was, then we have to wait for a developer which want to do the job and spend much more time into more exact ā€œcopy of the real airplaneā€.

And many more would buy them. Itā€™s a win-win

Just allow the .cfg files to be opened and edited, Asobo. Otherwise this thread is probably going to rumble on, because I canā€™t see any more support being offered. Bugs that make the aircraft unflyable will Iā€™m sure be addressed. But the other things? No.

3 Likes

Ok. Here is what Iā€™m talking about

The IniBuilds A320 is a Ā£69.99 aircraft for X-Plane. When it was announced they were developing this model for MSFS 2020, we can presume that the price would be somewhat comparable once it was offered for MSFS.

Now, if we bought this aircraft for Ā£69.99 and it had issues, we would expect it to be given support and fixes.

Now, MS has come along and subsidized the A310 and is going to include it, for free, in the 40th Anniversary Edition.

Ok, now what? We are to expect nothing for support, because MS bought it for us? Because it went from being a Ā£69.99 aircraft to free simply because a multi billion dollar corporation bought it for us and we should:

In the case of the Junkers, Oliver Moser would certainly have charged more than $15, because to not do so would indicate he tied his aircraft, aka his labor, to MS for zero compensation. That makes no sense.

But youā€™re right, you have your opinion and I have mine.

Iā€™ll let the developer stand up for himself and weā€™ll see if he addresses any of our requests. No harm, no foul if he doesnā€™t.

Yeah ā€¦ a supported aircraft I have to pay money for is definitely preferable over a buggy mess for free.

1 Like

Out of interest what would you need to do if you had access to the cfg files for the ju52 to add the supercharger? I have a freeware old plane that has a similar lack of a supercharger. Is it as simple as changing it to supercharger =1 in the engine.cfg or is there more to be done?

Yes, thatā€™s what you have to do. MSFS does not differentiate between a turbo- and a supercharger. So just look for the [PISTON_ENGINE] section and change these two entries:

turbocharged = 0 ; Is it turbocharged? 0=FALSE, 1=TRUE
max_design_mp = 29.6 ; Max design manifold pressure, (inHg)

After activating the turbocharger you also have to specify the max value for the manifold pressure.

Not wishing to throw any oil on the fire , but this discussion did get me thinking ā€¦

Yes it is fantastic we get all these planes for a smaller price (Local Legends, Famous Flyers), or even free (40th anniversary).

However, looking at the post release support history of these releases, I wonder if it would almost be more preferable for a lot of people to be able to buy them full price, and be able to expect a reasonable level of support for them.

That A310 looks fantastic for instance, but we all know a version 1 of anything will have issues. How committed will Microsoft/Asobo be to address issues post release, for the A310 or the Beaver, or any of them?

Looking at how theyā€™ve treated most of their plane releases (or even just the base planes, or even the ā€œpremiumā€ edition planes (!!)), it doesnā€™t fill me with much confidenceā€¦

Iā€™d rather buy that Junkers, or the A310, from a reputable third party, and be able to rely on good support, bug fixes, and timely updates ā€¦

I wonder if there will ever be a ā€œPlane Updateā€, where they do nothing but do a big old bug and issue sweep of all planes released so far.

A man can dream ā€¦

4 Likes

Believe me, I had this in mind when I made my point about the A310, but didnā€™t say it aloud.

Iā€™d rather spend and have support than be given a discount and no support.

3 Likes

Youā€™ll wake up soon :wink:

Haha

Well you never know - weā€™ve got 8 years of promised support left on this platform. One day weā€™ll get to a point where most of the core platform can be considered stable and ā€œfinishedā€.

Perhaps theyā€™ll get around it then :wink:

Anyway, back to Auntie Ju :smiley:

3 Likes

The thing that makes me pretty bonkers is this aircraft is really nearly there.

It isnā€™t like it is a hot mess. It just needs to have a couple of small issues addressed and it would be greatly improved and essentially completed.

It is really awesome.

10 Likes

Good news, the strong Sunglass will gone soonā€¦ :clap:

2 Likes

How did you get this information please?
And do you have more details?

I saw it already, trust me

2 Likes

The plane stays encrypted after SU10. No community fix to expect.
:disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

Will be update published tomorrow?

Do you know when it will be released please?

This will take time. Sorry.