Local Legend I: Junkers Ju 52

It is sad when I see how quickly is fixed S.55 for example.

My Junkers seems to sway to one side during takeoff. It seems a bit too much? Could it be the wind? I tried taking off from the other end of the same runway and sure enough it did not sway as much. If it is the wind then it must be hurricane conditions, which it was NOT during my flight. I have to use almost full rudder to keep the Plane straight. Any thoughts?

Yesterday I had similar experience with other aircraft. But when I checked airport wind indicator it was clear to me :slight_smile: - very strong crosswind
It looks like SU10 changed this little bit. From my experience it is close to reality.

Hi,
Do you have any information this update will be published please?

Thanks.

3 Likes

There is no point in asking him. He can’t tell because he does not know. Don’t feed him.

This. plane has been written off for me. Maybe it will be patched, maybe not. Asobo works in mysterious ways. The SR22 is a **** show since launch and they do not care. All I learned from this is not to buy any of the local legends/ whatever they are called. It is a one off shot that may or may not work and will not be patched if/when the eventual SimUpdate brakes things. A sad reality, but it is easier than hoping for an update :smiley:

1 Like

Also there is no point in saying that on a topic which was 9 days completely silent :stuck_out_tongue:

Nah, Asobo is not the company working on this aircraft. None of the local legends is - they just forward bugs to the creator and the creator delivers a patch. However for 3rd parties most of the aircraft they deliver as a local legend/famous flyer have some lower priority likely as these are sold as a special offer so patches will remain longer in their backlog as long as the aircraft flies. Imho the Ju is not that bad for the price tag, there are even worse aircraft around for more (Captain Sim
).

OT: I don’t think they don’t care but my bet is on they gonna update all default aircraft in one release when the planned improvements on the core are ready. For now Asobos focus is not on quality of the default aircraft but on stabilizing the sim and getting rid of FSX stuff ported over. Soft body simulation, CFD and prop simulation for now it’s basically implemented only on the C172 - in addition to this the King Air had also prop simulation, also for testing due to the higher props RPM. Asobo also told some time ago they look into doors being able to open on all aircraft, so every aircraft has to be touched in some way. Maybe SU13 or something will take care of this, at least one sim update after helicopters and gliders are in place.

I am sorry that I could not answer in a timeframe that is deemed acceptable. I will try to get more forum reading in during the week, so I can be closer on the topic

They are the ones commissioning the work to their contractors. In the end they are the ones overseeing it. They are officially advertised.

That is nice and all. But I payed for a “high quality rendition” extra by buying premium deluxe two years ago. And quite honestly even if your assessment is true, which hopefully it is, a little communication would go a long way. And there is nothing official. Neither on the Premium (Deluxe) planes nor on the Junkers. For over a year! the bug report says bug logged in the appropriate forum section and nothing ever came of it.

I have the impression it depends on the dev if we see updates or not. Look at the S.55, it’s taken care of nicely.

2 Likes

Yeah sure, the ultimate development action comes from the dev. Making him do that is kind of the Asobos responsibility as the ones fronting this, no?

Yes it is. I don’t know the contracts. That said it’s probably difficult to find a contractional consense about what’s a bug and what isn’t.

1 Like

And I also think you are right there :smiley: But there is a logged bug for the Ju 52 retrofit power settings that is just sitting there in the bugs section for over a year as well. So acknowledged bug, no communication, no fix. :frowning: You’d think that should be ample of time to fix it

5 Likes

Same with the Dornier Wal that cannot start from cold and dark because the magnetos must be turned on - but it has no magneto switch (or magnetos for that matter).

Yeah, Dornier Wal is very bad aircraft. S.55 is much better in the same class.

1 Like

A user named Carreidas has posted a Ju52 mod on FSTO aiming to fix some of the outstanding issues with this plane. This brings in the turbocharger and hopefully at some point we will have a faithful Ju52.

5 Likes

Have loaded all three Cold and dark and was able to start both engines, manually (no auto start) no problem.

1 Like

This is excellent news! Makes me want to take it up again :slight_smile: I hope it keeps getting improved.

2 Likes

It’s really disappointing to have such aircraft being left half finished and abandoned. It could and should be so much better. Just as curiosity, what kind of access to the files is needed to create a reality expansion to make all the systems operative and a full fidelity aircraft? Is it possible with these models from Asobo? Or just some minor tweaks to some variables?

2 Likes

The files are encrypted, there is no legal way to access or alter these. Only Asobo/the aircraft creator has the possibility to change most files which ship with the aircraft.

3 Likes

That’s unfortunate. If they don’t intend to keep the projects maintained or feature complete then at least they could be generous to not put obstacles to the community’s contribution.
As it stands, it’s a hell of a plane but I’m totally put off by abandonware status and lack of simulation value.

That’s not Asobos decision, they are in this case “just” the publisher of the aircraft, not the developer. It’s a different story on the aircraft which shipped with the premium deluxe pack as these were also created by Asobo themselves.

If the creator does not agree with the files being unlocked so they can easily be stolen or modified by others it’s his good right to at least try to prevent this to happen.

Also I don’t think it’s abandonware as it received the last update at the end of March which fixed various bugs - still it of course needs some more love but just let that roll in when it’s time.

My bet would be that an update will happen after CFD and prop simulation have rolled out to all default aircraft which would make more sense than working around stuff right now with legacy FSX parameters :wink: on MSFS much is still changing which has to be considered (not like it was with FSX on which nothing really changed during it’s lifetime).

2 Likes