Local Legend II: Fokker F.VII

So? Any Update?

Yesterday during the twitch stream it was told that updates for the ju52 and the f7 will be released soon. For the junkers this week and the fokker at the latest 2 or 3 weeks from now.

1 Like

It’s quite a shame that they haven’t been able to fix broken basic functionalitiy since January 31 … for a paid aircraft.

The update to the Junkers Ju 52 is available now. Please check your Content Manager for the new version. Unfortunately, the update to the Fokker F.VII was not ready for release today. In the Dev Q&A yesterday, Jorg estimated it will be ready sometime within the next 1-3 weeks. We will provide further information when we can.

2 Likes

Tried the Junker in heavy rain, rather interesting :slight_smile: Got a gray bar though on the right side of the screen. Even if I changed view to left or right, the bar was there on the same spot relative to my screen. Landed at Gibraltar and changed weather to scattered clouds but the bar was still there.

Where is this file located? In program files?

While I agree this forum is chock full of people posting entitled demands or calling for a level of systems fidelity and difficulty far beyond what most real-world pilots deal with in actual day-to-day flying, the Fokker shipped in terrible condition.

Non-functional systems, almost half the HP missing on the single-engined variant, and all kinds of details listed above. I agree that for a $15 plane in an entertainment sim there’s a limit to complexity that folks should expect, but I do think that a minimum quality standard is realistic performance and all the basic flight/engine/fuel controls working properly. That’s not currently the case with the Fokker.

I’m really looking forward to the April update. The plane is a beauty visually, and if they get the performance into a more realistic realm and fix the functional issues, it’ll be an amazing value.

Also, if MS eventually keeps to Jorg’s promise to stop encrypting flight model/performance configuration files (while encrypting other key files to still protect the plane from theft), a lot of this will be addressable by community flight model tweaks. I really hope to see this for SU9… Jorg did say they’re looking at how to do this.

3 Likes

Wherever your content folder is. I dunno what the default locations are as I’ve set the location manually on one of my SSDs. You don’t need to go digging through there however as Microsobo provided links to the manual here as well Aircraft Manuals - Microsoft Flight Simulator

What amazes me isn’t community members who expect to get what was advertised, but people who are content with, even grateful for, whatever they are sold…no matter how unfinished or how shoddy it may be. The Fokker is a prime example.

What makes me shake my head are the people who defend and excuse the developers who sell these half-fast products.

4 Likes

one must not forget here that supposed forum members also only have accounts to make moods. no matter which. there are unfortunately enough people to whom you can sell a car with air conditioning which you can tell after the purchase that if you use the air conditioning the brakes of the car no longer work. the solution would be not use or remove the air conditioning. and of course with extra charge. it’s not a bug it’s a feature

Context is important here. For instance, where you say ‘expect to get what was advertised’ well, what was advertised was the Fokker. They weren’t disingenuous with the systems depth etc, and expecting the second coming of the DC-6 for £13 is only ever going to end in tears. I’m not sure what you were expecting for the money, mate. The aircraft is functional and it flies. Reasonably well, IMO.

A couple of caveats to that, I realise I’m being flippant there but I think my point is valid. And, I agree that there are things missing that need to be updated (HP, for instance).

For some variants you are not able to start aircraft by in-game checklist!
Even the basics are not working in this aircrafts.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s fair to use the cheaper price of an aircraft to excuse a lack of quality. I don’t buy aircraft fun “by the pound”. I buy a Fokker viii because I want to fly the Fokker viii. I want a certain level of quality. I don’t pay less and want less fun.

3 Likes

It’s all opinion isn’t it though. About what constitutes value for money. I mean, look at the amount of people that buy, and are satisfied with, the Deimos aircraft (a crude example I know, but the only one I can think of right now)

People do like this aircraft. It’s not going to be fun for everyone. I think it’s reasonably decent personally, but it does need some improvements.

Well, funny thing you say - the poster above you is one of the most ardent supporters and defenders of Deimos, so yes… :wink: It is all opinion, after all. With all the deficiencies of the Orbx’ Fokker, in MY book it is MILES above anything Deimos has ever done.

1 Like

Absolutely agree. The Fokker is flawed but is on the whole enjoyable. I didn’t necessarily want to make an example of the Deimos stuff but unfortunately they are what springs to mind when I think of half baked addons :joy:

Hello everyone,

We will be releasing an update to the Fokker F.VII soon. Please see below for the changelog:

F.VIIa/1M

• Fixed engine start-up and throttle issues
  • Fixed altimeter reading 0 when over 10,000ft
  • Fixed magnetic compass jumping
  • Updated geometry and textures for entire cockpit
  • Updated rear wall fuel panel with correct levers
  • Improved gauge readability
  • Introduced new fuel control system
  • Added steerable tail skid
  • New steering wheel yoke
  • Chocks/parking brake removed

F.VIIb/3m Original Cockpit

• Fixed engine start-up and throttle issues
  • Fixed magnetic compass jumping
  • Updated geometry and textures for entire cockpit
  • Updated rear wall fuel panel with correct levers
  • Introduced new fuel control system
  • Improved gauge readability
  • Added steerable tail skid
  • Added new hand-crank click prop engine starter feature
  • New steering wheel yoke
  • Chocks/parking brake removed

F.VIIb/3m Modern Cockpit

• Fixed texture banding on grey surfaces
  • Fixed blue fuel pump lights
  • Fixed ADF/NDB radio issues
  • Fixed compass card
  • Fixed geometry for overhead switch panel and window frame to reach switches
  • Updated fuel system
  • Improved overall switch function light status

F.VIIa / b KLM

• Removed KLM logo from the floor and improved textures

Southern Cross

• Improved rear cabin geometry and textures

Friendship

• Fixed aircraft lean when on water
  • Fixed wake effects when traveling on water

All Planes

• Fixed snowing inside cockpit
  • Fixed icing effect
  • Fixed gaps in fuselage and cowling
  • Fixed isolated textures issues
  • Fixed over-stressing crashes
  • Fixed plane rolling right after takeoff
  • Fixed LODs
  • Fixed geometry clipping on all cockpits
  • Fixed extended range fuel tanks on SC/Josephine/Friendship
  • Updated flight model on all variants
  • Updated in-sim checklists and QRC’s
  • Updated AO bake for all cockpits and cabins
  • New in-tail geometry and textures
  • New engine cowling on all variants
  • New clickable cockpit/cabin door
  • New camera view now able to enter cabin from the cockpit
  • New engine smoke added to all variants
  • Removed all Orbx branding
18 Likes

This is great but I hope things will change such that aircraft are not released in a state that requires this many changes again.

6 Likes

Anyone had the time to test this updated version?
How about the performance issue of the 1m version, didn’t see that mentioned?
Work disturbs my testing…:worried:

-eelis-

No updates there yet at least on xbox