Local Legend II: Fokker F.VII

I’ll try to create a Mod for you with a FMC! :thinking: :wink:

3 Likes

I will answer about that and not so much to you but to Asobo and Microsoft. Some people paid twice as much for the sim just to have a couple of better modeled aircraft, with more complete systems and so. That was called Premuim Deluxe. Fast forward 18 months and the dreamliner is still “more or less flying” … since then I bought a carenado and the dc6, both together still below the cost of that deluxe upgrade, and waste of time to try to compare. FBW which way better yet is free. So for me to considering paying for yet another half complete airplane that I would only fly for a couple of hours just to get the poetical feeling of long transpacific flights at 150 knots/h, it’s not worth.
A good sign that these planes are getting good is if you see all sorts of “fly before you buy” deals. Once/twice a year this happens in DCS and it’s the best way to check how your soon not to be 50-70 dollars are going to serve you in the game. Without possibility of trying in advance, I am not putting my $ in any of these legends. Their place is history is already guaranteed regardless :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great old bird but this thing maneuvers like you are flying a zeppelin, ha ha. Takes awhile to gain altitude, slow and steady she goes.

Compass not working too OR I didn’t understand it

1 Like

I’ve been flying more with the retrofit and it’s ridiculous how easily it overstresses. I’m not going to refund the plane in case it’s true about the 2 refund a year and then refused but I don’t see myself using this again in any of its variants.

2 Likes

I am sorry to say that but that is purely your own expectations speaking. Premium deluxe is just more airplanes to the same basic quality, nobody ever advertised or claimed that you would get better modelled or more complete systems. Where did you get this information/idea from?

2 Likes

Sorry, what are the Famous Flyers?

Why can you adjust prop rpm with a bind when there’s no prop levers?

How does one read that compass?

2 Likes

There are two series of vintage aircraft we’re releasing. Local Legends (like the Junkers Ju 52 and Fokker F.VII) are iconic planes closely associated with the country or region from a specific World Update. Famous Flyers are classic planes that aren’t linked to any specific location, like the upcoming Antonov An-2 and Beechcraft Staggerwing.

2 Likes

Yes there were at least 2 updates.
But these updates didn’t fix anything. There are still basic issues in the model.
For example no turbocharger for Retrofit version, panel lights for 1939, not working switches for more versions.

Clearly the engines here are the star of the show. They look awesome but where is the smoke? I don’t mind if the plane is not study level but I draw the line at magical rpm and mixture levers. The fuel and engine system should at least be correct. Lots of stuff missing and not even VOR works out of the box?

Nice model but overpriced and underwhelming. This plane should be free on MFS or Orb X. I mean I would activate an Orb X account for this plane but it’s not worth 20 CAD. Perhaps if it had all the missing components and worked correctly plus had some emphasis on engines and fuel system etc.

PS aircraft developers please add instrument cameras for cabin views and what not like Aerosoft and SimWorksStudios have done.

3 Likes

What a wonderful plane, thank you.

1 Like

I agree.
The quality is worse than the default aircraft that came with MSFS2020.
I really wonder why ORBX want their name on this.

6 Likes

I am missing something here. I see the fokker as payware. Did you all buy it?

Yes it is payware just like the JU-52. As has been stated before all the Local Legends and Famous Fliers series are payware.

It baffles me how so many bugs are immediately evident upon release. And it concerns me how the bug list mentions barely any of them. Really not a fan of bug lists on launch - if you are aware of them how about fix them before release?

In my daily work I never send a finished job to a client with a list of things that are wrong that will be fixed at an unspecified time in the future.

11 Likes

It could be coming from my unmet expectations indeed, but during the tech alpha, which I participated, nobody knew anything about the quality of the additional planes that would launch for twice rhe cost of the game, just the list of what would be shipping. I guess people could have waited for reviews etc, which is a lesson I personally learned… Not blaming anyone, but at this stage for an addon to justify its cost it has to be beyond special, not the case with most of what’s out there.

This sort of thing is common in many of the default planes - for example, if a plane has no mixture control and you have a key/axis bound to mixture and you move it, it will do strange things to the engine - shutting it down, speeding it up etc. The solution is to simply unbind these controls for those planes that don’t have those controls.

Did everyone realise that there’s a 41 page manual and checklists for this aircraft in the folder:

…Official/onestore/microsoft-aircraft-fokker-vii/resources/documentation

For example:

1 Like

Yeah I posted about it not long after it was released! Local Legend II: Fokker F.VII - #16 by Megadyptes7635
It’s alright saying to start at the end of a runway but then the plane starts up all fired up and ready to go and some of us like to start cold and dark. Although the old variants do actually have differential braking modelled despite what the manual says. I don’t mind this concession to realism as otherwise you have to use slew mode to get into position. The single engined variant doesn’t turn very easily though.
I do wish you could set your plane status to cold and dark on the runway before flight for the odd plane like this that doesn’t like turning and for the many, many grass strips that have no parking spots.

Bit of a hassle though, would be better if these problems didn’t happen :wink: or if the control profiles could be set to load automatically with specific planes like you can with X-Plane because I always forget to switch profiles around manually.

2 Likes

It’s always nice when publishers provide a good documentation. Xbox has no access to those folder. It would be nice to provide a link in the market place for external ressources. It not, Xbox users won’t habe access to those nice documentations and misses essential stuff.

3 Likes