Local Legend V: Beechcraft Model 18 ("Twin Beech")

I love mistakes like that hahah. Shows how bloomin’ good the graphics can be!

1 Like

Hi Guys and Gals,

If you are interested, there is a bug report for the unassignable control issue that can be voted on here:

2 Likes

Whose responsibility is it to update this aircraft now, Asobo’s or Carenado’s? I don’t remember seeing a single update since release, so I guess the sounds are still too silent, among other issues.

4 Likes

Other local legends also got an update over time. Little patience.

1 Like

But it takes tooooo long to get update for MS/Asobo aircraft. Support is not their interest.

It’s not an Asobo/MS aircraft, it’s Carenado and their responsibility. Other than that it goes through the known marketplace cycle.

1 Like

It’s from FSX/ X-Plane types. They spam a bunch of pretty-ish planes to the market with very little to no systems depth, manuals that may as well be nonexistent, and bugs that should have been caught if they’d done a beta. Then never offer support to them ever again, even as the sim continues to change and update, until the planes, while still in the store, are unflyable. This is also why Thranda is now a separate developer on his own, and putting out spectacular products.

I learned this the hard way twice in XP11, and I’ll never buy another Carenado product, which is why I was so disappointed when I saw they were the ones doing this twin Beech in MSFS.

4 Likes

Carenado has updated all of their MSFS releases.

2 Likes

Interesting. I mainly know them from FS2004 days and while never particular deep on the systems front, they were a joy to fly. Thranda is certainly very interesting…

1 Like

It is MICROSOFT / CARENADO aircraft. Microsoft is who manage it and Carenado is the developer. Carenado provides update on regular basis for their own aircraft.
For Local Legend aircraft we must wait until Microsoft decide to manage (some) fixes. Definitely not Carenado.

I hope you can say the same thing 12-18 months from now for the planes that were released first, including this one. I really do. But let’s just say I was born in Missouri…

I don’t know what “the planes that released first” means here. Carenado has been releasing planes for MSFS since fall of 2020 shortly after the sim launched, and they have done updates and fixes for all of them. This is not the first release.

Since you don’t buy their planes and apparently also don’t pay attention to what’s happened with any of their releases, I don’t know how they would “show you” so I imagine 12-18 months from now you’ll still be falsely claiming they don’t update their stuff.

8 Likes

impossible to explain things to the willfully ignorant. Some people just prefer to ‘believe’ things are a certain way and never look for truth or updated information. One and Done.
This is why Carenado threads are guaranteed to be entertaining

4 Likes

Carenado have been slower than average updating and fixing a few of their aircraft. The Mooney being a good example, they took maybe 6 months or longer to fix some update introduced bugs, but none of their aircraft are “abandoned” they do eventually get to them.

Now whether 6 months is an unreasonable wait depends a lot on how often you use the aircraft.

If the particular aircraft is your “daily ride” and gets flown every day even a month will seem far too long for some users, on the other hand if it is just a random plane in your hangar that you dust off occasionally to “stay current” and rarely fly, well 6 months or more may not really bother you.

4 Likes

Guys, are you still able to catch the Glideslope?

I tried it two time at two different airports and it doesn’t work for me.

Did the usual FLP+APPR in GNS530, ROLL on, turn on NAV1 sound, activate approach, switch to VLOC and and switch to LOC on the AP selector when in range of the ILS

Yes, I’ve been able to capture a GS successfully after reviewing these instructions from the Century III (autopilot) POH. Remember, too, to leave the landing lights in the Retract position, since they are currently tied to the autopilot and will break the autopilot when turned to Off or On.

4 Likes

Nav 2 will also display glideslope information if you want to hand fly an approach.

It’s not that i didn’t grt it working before. I have. But since SU10B2 I believe it doesn’t work anymore.

I’d encourage you to transfer your report, then, to the Beta sub-forum. There is an aircraft and systems section.

When I get a chance, today, I will see if I can successfully capture a GS.

I’m on the .13 build of the beta.

1 Like

Just captured the GS at KSBP RWY 11 in beta .13.

2 Likes