Official Discussion: May 11th HOTFIX [1.25.9.0]

Tested MD-82, 737-700. Once even the sim crashed when starting up

sorry 
 but 80 fps at almost all to ultra in VR was my performance. Believe it or not . i build my pc specially for VR . And the i7/9gen overclocked works just perfect

I don’t think you mentioned which platform you are on, but if you are on PC, have you tried launching the sim with no Community addons installed? If the sim is stable then, try adding addons bit by bit.

I removed community content before downloading the addon, but it was available only on Ms Store, I was expecting as always update in sim on startup, but there was nothing. I started sim without addons but the sim is stable

1 Like

If you saw a floating window showing a TBM, then that was the update process. This happened to me, and others as well if the forum images are anything to go by. You can see which version of the sim you are running if you click on your name at the top right of the main menu, or if you flip the sim into windowed mode it shows the version on the window title bar.

If the sim is stable without addons, then some of your addons don’t seem to like the new SU9, or SU9-patch files.

Had alot of CTD since this update. So far updated Xbox Gaming Services, it must be a major update as it now shows a splash screen when launching any Xbox Games. So far got MSFS working but not confident the stability will last :confused:

It was a 10 second update for me. I didn’t check the whole of the OneStore folder but given its quickness to completion I would guess the only thing that got updated was the location of the main binary on the C drive.

It was the equivalent of the updates that get applied via the MS Store or the XBox app, and not the method that runs when the sim binaries are updated, and then the launcher wants to pull other packages down, like updated Asobo aircraft.

Yup I had tbm window and it says 1.25.9.0 version. I restarted my PC and pmdg took a long time to load up but it didn’t crash, now waiting for MD-82 cause it is loading long time too but hope it won’t crash

1 Like

This is a welcome hot-fix but we still have a ways to go.

I did a couple flights near JFK last night with success but I did get a CTD after landing at JFK in the 172, I also experienced horrible lagging and glitchy audio while on the ground at JFK- it was like my audio was at 5 FPS but my frame rate looked like it wasn’t lagging - if that makes sense.

Clicking on world map freezes sim for a couple seconds still but once in view it hasn’t frozen up on me.

Textures look a lot better but still getting some shimmering. Photogrammetry is looking good too on my end.

I rated SU9 a 2/10 and this hot-fix brings it up to a 6.5/10 for me.

Thank you

Edit: On Series X

2 Likes

Reply #2. It turns out sim is still pretty unstable. Couldn’t manage to go through a 3 hours flight. Crashed while approaching. All systems on cockpit turned off then ctd followed. Pretty frustrating. Pretty sad. I’ve invested on a new tv and a new console to be able to play this game. After all this investment not only in money but also in time, I get to not being able to play this game because of the incapability of this team to make a fully functioning game. I’m not saying it’s easy to do what you guys are doing. It’s not. But when you decide to put your game out there, you should at least make sure that it’s playable and stable. Xbox is pretty powerful and it can handle msfs 2020. What neither pc or xbox can’t handle, is a fully corrupted game with lots of issues. Instead of focusing on how you can make more profit with airports and aircraft, you should consider fixing this game. Otherwise, the only thing that will remain here is your corrupted files. People won’t keep investing time on your game. Trust me we’re all pretty fed up. If all those problems won’t go away on the next update, I’m out. And people should consider leaving as well since we’re not being taken seriously around here. No aircraft is good enough to keep players here if the game is not stable. Your ONLY PRIORITY here should be to make the game stable both on cosnole and pc. There should be no fps drop, there shouldn’t be any crashes ESPECIALLY when you put your game out there for consoles. How are you justifying exactly that the most powerful console out there right now, can’t run your game for 3 hours straight without crashing? That’s not just about SU9. It’s been like that for a long time and still no fix for this? Are you guys serious? I’ve invested so much time in this game. So much effort and money, Not worth it at all. I’ll wait for SU10. If things don’t dramatically improve there, I will seriously consider leaving this sim or stick to offline mode. Poor team for a great game unfortunately

6 Likes

couldnt agree more, im on the same boat on xbox series x
its simple to explain:
this is a video game that is crashing and has a bad stability (!!by far!! compared to all other games on xbox)
its a problem that existed all the time and got pretty worse now with SU9
if Asobo is unable to fix this, they should roll it back to a state when the sim was more playable
sorry to say, and this is not in the meaning of insulting, but the sim has by far the worst and regular crashes than any other game on xbox has
Asobo is either not capable of doing their job right or maybe its Microsoft who tell them to just go on with this behaviour and take money from paying consuments who will then receive a game that is not working

4 Likes

So we know you have the patched version, thus it seems likely that the MD-82 doesn’t work properly with this patch.

If confirmed it would be worth bringing this up with the MD-82 devs, as they would need to release a version that is compatible.

I like the new window that pops up with the TBM, it pops up nearly instantly and at least tells you on the bottom right something is happening. As opposed to how it was before where you’d run the icon and it looked as if nothing was happening until the splash screens pop up.

1 Like

Installed without any issues. I see not performance gain in VR and I see snow in a location where yesterday there was no snow.

LSMM 121120Z 25007KT 210V270 9999 FEW090 23/13 Q1021 RMK BLU+

I am clueless why the sim with live weather on, does render snow covered landscape

MD-82 didn’t crash too so the solution was to restart PC. What do you mean saying “patched version”?

Seems like ATC cant give me correct altitude in the french mountains. Im commanded to go up and down from 10000 ft to 11000 ft. it just keeps going
 =( Also - Im not really seeing the hotfix advantages. Exactly what should it do again? A lot of stutter on ground and near ground. Oh my

So yesterday, no update. Now, I cannot load Flight Sim at all

What is going on?

Same error on Xbox app and Microsoft Store. I literally just bought the PMDG 737 and now this
 :rage:

Same here. I first thought the update did go wrong. I also did not get any DX or other updates at the same time. Only update while in game was the 1000Nxi. Is this right?

1.25.9.is the updated SU9, call it SU9a if you like. :wink: I’m not sure why a restart of the computer would fix a CTD, but perhaps you hadn’t restarted you computer in a while?

So many warnings and error in the Console. Havent had a look at it before. Invalid variable names, and also animation problems
 Not sure what this is about. On the Nice Airport with the Caravan at the moment.

1 Like