Official Discussion: May 19th, 2022 Dev Update

Installed the Beta update, got passed the loading screens, able to select airport and take off but CTD on landing (EGTB)

Why have the last two dev updates been lacking in the usual details?

It seems as if when it goes wrong Microsoft go mute instead of acknowledging the bugs. There is no mention of the fps bug in the latest update despite it affecting many users.

Microsoft have been very sketchy these past few weeks. Normally when a world update drops there’s a lot more said about it with a youtube video released showcasing the area. But this time it feels like they went ‘here’s your world update guys’ and that’s it.

I wonder if the reason is because the PR department is focusing all their efforts on the Top Gun release. But they’re failing to realise that it’s not going to go well if the sim isn’t working. I mean Top Gun at 5 fps hardly sounds fun.

2 Likes

This WU is just plain sloppy in my opinion, all but the famous ‘old bridge’ in Florence have curtains under them.

1 Like

I think they know very well that the ■■■■ hit the fan and try to concentrate on fixing the bugs.
But you are right, when something is not going as planned they play the ostrich game.
Worst of all they still stick to the pre-planned dates for giving information.
When a problem is known on Wednesday, I call my customer on Wednesday. Not on Thursday.

2 Likes

I completely agree. The stuttering/FPS issues are causing many of us headaches. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to enjoy one flight since SU9.

4 Likes

I have this and still says same after numerous restarts.

the bad performance of fenix a320 is the issue of SU9 or the problem of the plane itself?pmdg737 have a better performance

I don’t think the local legend was delayed because of the X-Box issue.

Beta update worked and loaded the sim.
Loading still slow, no sound initially. Opening graphics still not showing properly.
Mouse freezes at times, World map freezing on opening.
VFR map back working.
Managed a 1hr flight in Italy in the default A320, autopilot OK and ILS OK, picked up localizer and glide slope without issues.

1 Like

I had no problems with the update but I hope SAN NICOLO (LIPV) shows not the standard of smaler GA airports

Yes same for myself, that seems to be the item that try’s to finish downloading after every startup.

Xbox Series X - using new beta for Xbox

Flew for an hour this morning (around Italy ) in the F-18, using custom waypoints. Everything went smoothly.

Besides the usual hang on world map and mystery download, everything seems to function again for me. So the beta patch seems to work on my system .

Please note:

• I did not download the WU9 Italy

• I also am not using Global shipping DLC as it creates a severe game lag

• ground vehicle traffic slider is set to zero as that was also causing some lagging

Prior to the Italy World Update i’d had 1 crash in the last few months.

Since the Italy World Update with the exact same addons installed the sim crashes on launch. Currently trying to figure out what’s causing it.

Which is a shame because I want to fly the Fenix A320

Xbox Series X beta update through the Xbox insiders hub worked for me. I immediately deleted WU9 Malta/Italy. Map still has to “think” or load before opening, but menu isn’t stuttering quite as bad. Flew around St Barts TFFJ, couple of touch and goes and made sure the Sea Front Simulations Vessels pack was working, it was. Did touch and goes in both a Cirrus Sr22 and Cessna 182T, as well as the final trip with G36 Bonanza. Had weather with scatter clouds, hot and humid with some precip. Then flew onto St Martin grand case TFFG, vectors over the top then out to Saba. From Saba I started to get stuttering Frame drops and heading south to Fort De France Le Lamentin TFFF, stuttering got worse and CTD. I purposefully didn’t load any flight plans or approaches in the G1000’s. Was flying VFR to not tax the system. Both flights in Cessna 182T probably 15-20mins and the final flight in Bonanza probably over an hour, did not log in LogBook.
Thanks for the HotFix!

1 Like

Forgot to add, I had no live players, No AI traffic. I used a Customized weather, and Peripherals Turtle Beach Velocity One and Thrusmaster X TFlight HOTAS.
Happy to be up and running (flying) again!

Can we expect a hotfix today? (Written at 17:53CET)

1 Like

Don’t know

Do anybody know if they will fit the screens going black and then CTD they said it’s memory links months ago but they haven’t fixed it?

That’s very interesting. Do you know if it’s same for PC?

Not really working if you have to delete stuff.

1 Like