Official Discussion: May 19th, 2022 Dev Update

I am having issues trying to create a IFR flight plan off world map. There is no way points displaying and I cannot select the departures/ arrivals approach runway etc it just says “direct. Is there any solution or is this a common issue?

1 Like

As Cloud users do not have access to the beta preview fix I wanted to know when we will be able to simulate it, since the fix that you announced for today Friday until the moment I write this post I am not able to enter the game because as always it closes in loading before you even get to the menu.

Lost hope in Asobo, the worst experience i ever had with a game / sim / company.
Even kickstarters showed me more respect.

3 Likes

For departures and arrivals restart the sim and you’ll see SIDs and STARs back.
About waypoints, they’re gone. It’s more than a week for me and they’re not back.

I think it would help

1 Like

The beta patch at least allows me to fly again. But SU9 created issues that need to fixed, not sure by whom as I’m sure it will be the 3rd party developers that will need to go and fix DLC that a SU/WU has once again broken.

I installed the update and did base training with the A320neo at KBNA. Ran perfectly until approach, then the stutters came. Pulled out the terrible Bredok3d 737 Max at KPHX and it crashed before loading in. Will try a 1000+ nm flight to see if it will crash on approach. Stay tuned.

Downloaded hot fix, loaded in fine. Programmed FMC then black instruments screens again. I was having this before the fix so still no way forward in using and enjoying the sim

I installed Beta via the Xbox Series X Insider Hub and I am able to play now. I will fly a few long flights and report any issues. Just an FYI before the last WU, I had zero crashes, so I think we are all headed to a truly great sim in the coming months. Thanks Asobo for your hard work. I cant imagine the amount of work you all do weekly.

Not sure what is going on but I turned on the console to check if there has been any progress - 1530L MDT.

There were two update protocols. Tried to load after the first update sequence and same CTD 3/4 way thru the “New Activities” screen.

Restarted the console and another update appears this time thru manage game screen - 6.09GB. Tried to load the game after this update and nada… same CTD.

If this is your hot fix, it isn’t working…

Stays like this thru many re-loads. When I quit I quit the game then quit the counsel. Total shutdown. Have no idea why it stays.

de

Hotfix #2 installed. Still same crash @75% startup screen. This is ridiculous!!! Xbox S

1 Like

Perhaps someone else with Xbox can speak to how large these two recent beta fixes have been for them. You’re getting multiple gigabyte updates which sounds strange to me, as if the sim needs to be completely reinstalled from scratch (i.e. with a clean slate). I could be wrong.

1.52 GB (XBSS) update downloading. With the first one had CTD just after loading with live weather and players. Also my mouse was not working, the pointer appears but does not trigger the ui on hover.

Let’s see if at least this has been fixed!

Edit: after the second update the mouse bug is still present. Into 30 min of flight no issues so far.

2 Likes

Bad news folks, I started a flight from KIAH to KTIK. i think it is about a 50 min ILS flight. CTD in about 20 minutes in. This is after I installed the BETA. I will try again tonight.

Doesn’t appear so

Not trying to be a negative Ned or anything, but I’m thinking msfs2020 on console is in trouble.

2 Likes

Couldn’t put it any better than this actually…

Reposting from another thread as I believe we’ve been asked to put Xbox beta feedback in here.

In short, I’ve seen a really good improvement in performance and stability on Series X.

1 Like

I am trying to cut them some slack because we’re potentially getting two free content updates this month. But I am on PC. If I was on Xbox my attitude might be different.