Official Discussion: May 5th, 2022 Dev Update

Check out the latest Development Update here:

Please use this thread for feedback and discussion. Thank you!

7 Likes

Good news about the patch for SU9!

11 Likes

Encouraging to see that the team have already started working on the ground performance issues!

3 Likes

I hope Hercules will be available for both platforms as stated on marketplace card screenshot. Because on picture is New on PC (only).

Yes, good news indeed. I’m happy again. A little bit of communication is a wonderful thing!

2 Likes

Does it mean that DLSS will be included in SU10? I am much waiting for this feature more than DX12. I want to max out everything including Render Scale up to 200 for 4K

4 Likes

It has been confirmed that DLSS is coming with Sim Update 10, however it is an upscaling technology which means you will not be able to set the render scale to 200%. If you want to upsample to 8K with a 4K monitor, you’ll need to use DSR/VSR.

3 Likes

Why did “Gusts are still not fixed in live weather” vanish from the feedback snapshot of top bugs for the last three months?

3 Likes

It has no cockpit you know

5 Likes

The bug report was created on 20th January, so it’s no longer from the last three months.

1 Like

Thank you for the clarification. I hope they’re still working on it.

2 Likes

Seriously Jayne? MS has allowed that CaptainSim C-130 into the marketplace?

While I understand that MS doesn’t want to get involved into vetting the quality of marketplace content, I feel there should be at least be a minimum requirement of having a working Virtual Cockpit. People are going to buy this, be disappointed, and get caught up in how hard it is to get refunds for marketplace items.

I would strongly urge MS to reconsider having stuff like that on the Marketplace.

31 Likes

The Marketplace allows for all types of products - the description will show that there is not cockpit in the above-mentioned add-on. It is the hope that users will read the description before making a purchase.

I cannot comment on what should and shouldn’t be allowed in the Marketplace at this time, but I hear your concern and will report to team. Thanks @MortThe2nd.

9 Likes

Have a search online for the reviews of this… It would be naff if it were free, but the fact you have to pay for this - be grateful it’s not available on Xbox (yet, anyway)!

5 Likes

if that description is font size 50, and flashing in bright red, so that it’s literally impossible to miss, then sure. People will glance over it otherwise.

5 Likes

It is not hard to get refunds for marketplace transactions it’s just that you can only get 2 a year.

Please include a fix for double cursors in instrument views in VR introduced recently and reported in the SU9 beta here. It significantly affects VR usability on complex aircraft with multiple instrument views. Thanks.

1 Like

I’m with Mort on this one. It’s a bad look for the marketplace and the sim to allow this type of content through which is clearly meant to prey on buyers who think they’re getting a full plane. The description just doesn’t do enough to inform customers. The truth is they see screenshots and a buy button, only after its said and done they realize what it’ll actually be and regret their purchase.

Also, there should be some minimal requirement for aircraft to be sold on the marketplace, otherwise this is a slippery slope where all 3rd-party content will just get watered down to this level for a quick buck. I imagine a lot of copy-cats will pop-up with the same intentions.

Please report this and urge it to be taken down.

17 Likes

When will the hotfix patch for SU9 (approximately) be released? Could we know it in advance? @Jummivana

Some XBox, PC users including me who are being affected are waiting to be able to fly again without flickering with customized render scaling other than 100.

2 Likes