[Polls] World Update XI: Canada Discussion

Hello, first thank you for your acknowledgment. just popping in to ask with the info gathered so far since the release, will there be an update/hotfix coming our way anytime soon?

Flew this route last night. Very scenic, and a fun navigation puzzle to solve as well. I enjoyed that little slice of Canada.

2 Likes

I’m grateful for the acknowledgement. I’m also a little disturbed that (a) it met your expectations and/or (b) you thought it would meet ours.

After all, you did approve and release it with those obvious visual flaws as-is, Toronto tower being a glaring example.

5 Likes

According to the weekly update last night both the Vancouver and CN Tower issues are being worked on already.

Is there any chance you could tell us if they’re JUST working on the CN Tower in that case or Toronto as a whole as well? hoping for the latter obviously.

3 Likes

Might have also landed at Banff Airport… (CYBA) but it still isn’t included in the default sim… even though it is a valid airport!!

References:

https://skyvector.com/airport/CYBA/Banff-Airport

For now, if you want to land at Banff, get Misfit79’s freeware add-on at flightsim.to: as well as the water/terrain fixes due to WU11 for theses areas: Banff to Jasper and Jasper to Hinton.

Airport LINK CYBA Airfield & Banff, Alberta, Canada Scenery Upgrade 2.1 » Microsoft Flight Simulator

Water fixes LINK: Water & Terrain fix for Banff to Jasper Alberta » Microsoft Flight Simulator and
Water fixes LINK: Jasper to Miette Hot Springs Terrain & Waterfix (Alberta) » Microsoft Flight Simulator

Not to beat a dead horse, or agree or to disagree, have again reported the missing CYBA Banff airport to zendesk as it is still on the books and is deemed as a valid and fully maintained airport.

1 Like

Did you add this to the list:

Technically CYBA is not quite a valid airport. It was closed for regular operations about 20 years ago. The grass strip is maintained by Parks Canada for emergency and precautionary landings only. Normal flight ops from CYBA are prohibited.

3 Likes

Wow. Finally got around to installing canada WU. Man, I’m dissapointed by the toronto photogrammetry. As someone who lives in the 905 (greater toronto area) I can appreciate the updated data. (Looks like 2021 sometime. I noticed a bud light seltzer ad) but wow, this has to be the poorest quality pg in the sim. Im glad to see vancouver at least got expanded pg. But toronto is very very poorly executed.

2 Likes

Here are a few screenshots I have taken around vancouver with coordinates displayed where I have found errors.
In general cranes and harbours are pretty messy.

Marinas and boat houses.

Floating geometry above building on right.

Harbour Center building on right is very deformed.

Vancouver Science Center has trees growing out of it.

7 Likes

Some more:
Rogers arena is very crinkly

BCIT campus near Vancouver Airport is melted

Bridges and marina are covered in water.

Bride ends and the end is made of water.

Harbour Air terminal is melted and dock is missing.

6 Likes

All of these are common issues that affect most PG, not just that area. In particular any building with a more complex surface to capture, suffers.

1 Like

Just an example of what good PG looks like. Denver, Colorado:

11 Likes

Flew around northern Manitoba and Saskatchewan by the border and found the classic lake abyss going on.

All pics are at the edge of Denare Beach Saskatchewan. follow the highway from CYFO north into Flin Flon Manitoba, then west into Saskatchewan and the town of Denare Beach. the glitch is almost longer than the town!

3 Likes

I don’t understand why the mutilated buildings in Toronto aren’t getting fixed with a quick update. This problem didn’t exist before world update 11.

4 Likes

At Vancouver most of the jetways are not attached to the terminal??
And i dont know if it’s the weather over there, but why are most cities, also in the US completely fogged up, while everywhere else is no fog at all?
Flying over Spokane right now, everywhere blue skies… but the city itself, completely in the haze/fog

I’ve been wondering the same thing. This fiasco has started me thinking about the shelf-life of the 10-year commitment to the platform. Here’s hoping that, at the very least, they’ll quietly bundle a passable fix into the next update. At best, in the laudable we’re-all-friends-here spirit of the sim’s development so far, do a development update video and give a minute of it to a sincere “Whoops.”

1 Like

I wouldn’t be holding my breath. A year and a half later, folks are still waiting for fixes to the botched UK world update despite profuse apologies and promises to revisit it in several Q&As.

Will it happen? Perhaps at some point. I won’t say they won’t fix Canada or the UK. I’m sure they’d like to. But likely not in any short term. If there’s one thing that’s clear over the past 2 years is the top priority is always the shiny new thing on the horizon vs fixing issues that have been languishing.

4 Likes

What 10 year commitment? There’s no such thing. Jorge already explained this myth.

Sometimes the shiny new thing, is more important than a small fix, when it comes to the big picture, and the overall roadmap.

And sometimes adding a new floor to a house with a crumbling foundation instead of fixing said foundation first causes far bigger problems.

2 Likes