[Polls] 40th Anniversary Edition/Sim Update 11 Discussion

Had the same GPU. Running into VRAM issues Btw 2560x1080 isn’t WQHD. That would be 3440x1440 which looks miles better. Unfortunately my 3060ti couldn’t handle had that resolution . Had to run medium settings.

Why not?
I have a 3060 ti GPU with a 5800x3d CPU and i have 40 to 50 fps on the ground and 50 to 60 fps in air. My resolution is 3x 1920*1080 (triple monitor).

1 Like

Misstep by Asobo not making the required size of the update available on the launcher. I get where the “high and mighty” dev mentality troll basic users for not looking it up, but time to treat everyone like they are just an average player. Not enough Disk Space, 40GB required. How difficult is that to achieve?

1 Like

Maxed out not at this time.
I did not mention I am water cooling the CPU.
The CPU is running at 5.3 all this is running between 490-560 watts a lot of heat when running Microsoft Flight Simulator.
Most of the heat is caused by the GPU so I limit the GPU temp at 70 degrees. “Throttling”
Which I could increase a little more to 80-85 degrees.
This also stops me thinking about the new Nvidia 400 series because of the heat these cards produce. I believe water cooling the GPU would be the only answer.

Ah you have a 5800x3d. I have heard nothing but good things about that CPU. I am running an i7 10700k@4.9ghz. I should consider OC it ro 5.1ghz. I have a replacement for the 3060ti. The 16gb RX6800 or XT but I am still a bit skeptical about AMD gpus :grimacing: Vertical bands DX12 AMD RX6700XT

Some brief impressions on Xbox Series X. On a happy note, performance is still really strong, continuing the huge improvements introduced with SU10. Flying even over busy areas is smooth and stutter free.

It’s also a very generous package - a fitting and comprehensive tribute to 40 years of this great franchise

On a less positive note, I’m afraid I must concur with the nearly 500-long thread reporting a noticeable diminution in visuals on the Xbox Series X. Hard to say with certainty exactly what’s going on here, but seems to be a reduction in draw distance and LOD?

On a more positive note, it’s good to see that this is already logged as a bug.

4 Likes

I have more then 6 million pixes to serve and you have 5 million pixels.
So with the right processor together with your Nvidia 3060ti you must get more performance.
My ingame settings are, [Official Discussion + Polls] 40th Anniversary Edition/Sim Update 11 - #425 by PliantWings5288

Fix the AI you broke even further in SU11 for crying out loud!

5 Likes

Thanks will give it a go.

1 Like

Getting stutters just before touchdown at modded and payware airports. Also CTD every flight with the Fenix since SU10 and also this update.

Perhaps the water is there so you can try the spruce goose?

1 Like

Just had a CTD flying the G2 over St. Louis. First since the 2nd SU10 update.

2 steps forward 3 steps back as usual well done Asobo :clap:

Can’t even sort stuff that’s been out on other games for years… Things like flowing water with real physics and be nice to see some floating mist across the runway now and then. Snowrunner has that dialed in perfectly and it’s been out for years!

Rain on windshield with fully working wipers… Just have to jump into Dirt 2.0 and drive through a puddle and pop the wipers on works brilliantly! Again been out years now.

Why do they have to keep pushing forward with updates that cause problems when they should just stop and get it right!

They had it running nice in SU10 and then yet another deadline and another rushed poorly beta tested update and surprise surprise… More issues…

Stop adding loads of new stuff we don’t need and fix what we do need! All those new features can wait, there nice to have’s not need to have’s.

Please have a proper SU12 beta and sort all this out! although no doubt they’ll be adding steam ships or yachts that won’t work by the end of the year… :person_facepalming:

5 Likes

The reality is exactly that. If you know you have a 40th anniversary milestone, don’t pile up untested service updates because you don’t have enough runway to deliver it all and make sure that such big milestone is as flawless as it can be. Select a small subset of small fixes and focus on plane delivery. I don’t know how this is still a rocket science for these guys being 2.5 years into this.

After a successful SU10 here we go with a shambolic release caused by poor planning and execution. I’m clearly frustrated, they broke one of the best addons of 2022 (and traffic in general) and the performance is massively underwhelming…

8 Likes

I wish all the work that went into one off planes go be placed elsewhere. Maybe I’m assuming too much but I don’t see much replay value in a spruce goose or spirit of St Louis?

I’ve no idea if this is the correct forum. Please move as required. I just wanted to post a sincere ‘thank you’ to Asobo and Microsoft for this sim and for SU11 especially. The A310, the DC-3, the 407 and G2 are all utterly superb. And gratis.

We are so very fortunate to be living in an age where, 40 years in, we have this level of flight sim experience. So however strange it may sound, I don’t care what people think. Just want to say thank you to the developers and for giving us SU11.

I’ll be spending some money in the marketplace to further boost the experience. Cheers.

7 Likes

Totally agree on everything. There is enough material to enjoy for years…We just need a simulator with good performance and no CTD. For me it is the worst version of all by far and that I have a last generation computer… Multiple crashes and bestial performance drops. Why do we want 100 different aircraft if you can’t even play with one decently? On many occasions, flights of more than half an hour have caused me to exit to the windows desktop. In VR and DX12 for example it happens all the time, even when disabling the mods. There are also multiple warnings of connection loss, that is something that eventually happened before, but now it happens very often.This is extremely frustrating and I have never had such a bad experience before. I don’t understand how there is so much disparity of opinions…, although in this version I am noticing quite a few more negative experiences than positive ones.

3 Likes

Fix the Ai traffic problem . Please allow FSLTL and AIG to work with Asobo to allow this to work. It was working in Su10 with obvious adjustments needed but it worked ok . Now it’s completely broken.

8 Likes

Enjoying stable FPS using three Monitors, no stutters, no CTDs. For me the best version ever. But I do not use AI traffic, so I cannot comment on that.

2 Likes

Will here be a hotfix for the sound issue in multiplayer ? Getting other people’s sound in internal and external view is getting in the way .

1 Like