Official Discussion: Reno Air Racing

Should I buy the Reno pack or a PS5? :thinking:

1 Like

Pardon me for not having trawled through the whole thread, but I have just spent an hour on the GOTY thread and may have missed any relevant answer, but my question, is this and I would be grateful if anybody can fill in the blanks.

Regarding the close proximity/vanishing aircraft bug in the main sim. Does Reno address and fix this? If so, does this fix also fall back into the main sim, for formation flying, etc in multiplayer? What about the distance that other aircraft can be seen and followed? Does this translate back to the main sim as well?

Thanks to all in advance.

1 Like

@Jummivana do you actually need an XBox Live Gold subscription to enjoy the Reno Air Racing multiplayer on the PC version of Flight Simulator?

I would love to spend the $80 CAD, but I really don’t wanna do that then find out I gotta spend another $15/month on top of that…

Nah its free on PC

1 Like

No, Xbox Live Gold (or Game Pass Ultimate) is only required for Xbox players. This is not needed to play multiplayer Reno races on PC.

1 Like

Reno doesn’t fix that bug, but the team are aware of it and working to fix it. Keep your eyes on this thread below for updates.

Thank you very much.

1 Like

Y’all are golden, thanks!

Problem/bug on saving view settings!!!

Get your job done Asobo!!!

As I understand it there are no races against A.I. pilots. If true, and from what I can tell it is, this is why I won’t buy into the expansion. I don’t play online games, but I would have been more than happy to have shelled out for the full expansion pack if I could have the A.I. race against me. Why not an offline vs A.I. race career? What happens when online player numbers fall off a cliff? Does the expansion become useless?

I guess the planes are still worth the money? I haven’t made up my mind yet, I might buy it and only fly the planes in free flight.

1 Like

It does not come across that well in the Sim Graphics , but those Pylon Poles are NOT what you want to hit with your plane.

They are not the wimpy inflatable Red Bull Pylons:- they are SOLID Telephone Poles !!

Reno Pylon
Pylon_2

Red Bull Pylon (hit by plane)

This where I am too. Undecided, may wait for a few patches first.

1 Like

Hello, i got some issue today while racing with the P51, i have reached 2400 points and the last 2 races, i didn’t get any point even when finishing first. Is there a points limit per day or something ? i still get my points with the other planes.

Bug on view settings… following is not working at all or not as compared to free flight in the unlimited class…
Zoom,
translate,
saving/return to saved view options

Honestly, feels like a total mess… literally getting heart attacks by this quality of releases…

So why has been the beta and testing when it hasn’t been addressed?

Cannot discuss that – Beta Tester’s NDA.

If you want answers, maybe try to get into the next Beta Test Program …

There was no NDA on the Reno test.

1 Like

I’ve also been in beta testing and reported exactly that issue/bug…
But seems money won over quality again.

I did only two races in unlimited class and broke them off cause it’s unpayable in cockpit view with those “stupid” bugs!!

So sorry to say it that hard way again
“Asobo, get your job done!”

It’s always the same story: We do some beta tests, report issues but the timing before release is so short that they don’t fix anything and release it in the same state we got the beta.

1 Like

Does anyone else have a blank G1000 screen in the T-6 “Radial Velocity”? Despite my best efforts I can’t get anything to display on it.