Official Discussion: Reno Air Racing

Microsoft has been very aggressive with pricing their add-ons VERY accessible. Great job and thank you. Always a good value, can’t go wrong with their stuff. It might not be the highest fidelity stuff, but it always looks wonderful and you can’t beat the price.

10 Likes

I agree 100 with ya there . Yeah this looks pretty good and at that price point much better than the other junk on the market that is for sure . Asobo planes so far ain’t too shabby.

1 Like

So then I guess the question is, which P-51, T-6, L-39, and Pitts are included in the $20 base version? Oh who am I kidding, I’m just going to buy the whole thing anyway. The 2011 disaster really turned me off to the idea of Reno, however, I’d pay $60 just for a quality T-6. This whole line up really opens up the fun potential of Flight Simulator. Can’t wait.

3 Likes

Can you please also confirm that all of these aircraft (if purchased) will be available for use outside of the Air Race game mode? Thank you.

1 Like

Hi @Jummivana will the Reno DLC be multi-player only, or will you be able to race against AI?

The plains and liveries look stunning, but would be good to hear more about the game mechanics if possible. What will the DLC play like? will it be similar to a car race sim and have progression through a season/championship.

Thanks

1 Like

Interesting to see if they’ve addressed issues like:

• Users clipping each other during racing
  • Users not having the premium models seeing an A320 or Bonanza instead
  • Tailwheel/ground handling, a serious problem on the third party warbirds.

There’s no way they wouldn’t be.

I think in the last Q&A they said they are not adding hit detection but are significantly improving how close planes can fly without disappearing so they won’t be ghosting during normal racing.

2 Likes

@Jummivana Will the race timing functionality (I’m assuming there is some kind of timing functionality etc) also be released as part of the SDK for use by developers?

1 Like

Is “the exhilarating online multiplayer racing experience” mode exclusive to the expansion pack?

Very little differences from my point of view… For their spec (speed, acceleration, handling …), will they be identical (I don’t know Reno’s rules) ?

Yes, the $20 Reno pack would get you access to the multiplayer racing mode.

In addition, Xbox Live Gold is required on Xbox for this type of multiplayer mode.

Seeing some great questions about, I’ve logged them to ask during the Q&A tomorrow as I’m not sure of all the answers yet!

2 Likes

Yep that’s clear, 2 different products. It’s just that I was expecting Reno to be free as well.

1 Like

Does this mean even if you buy the Reno pack, you can’t actually play it multiplayer on PC unless you pay some kind of subscription? That would be dissapointing!

2 Likes

Edit: I’ll have Jorg confirm for sure in the Dev Q&A tomorrow!

That would be odd because Xbox Live Gold is not really a thing for PC. Games like Forza Horizon, Sea of Thieves etc do not require Xbox Live membership for multiplayer on PC even though they do on console.

2 Likes

@Jummivana Can I fly the planes that come with RENO RACES in the regular world or only in the races?

-Jedi(R)

1 Like

Ok, so this is the shape of the “10 years of development” I guess.

Quick question. I guess this fixes the multiplayer experience and logbook/profile/achievement progress wipe issues? Do regular users benefit from that also or do we need to pay for the DLC to get the bug fixes?

1 Like

I hope this will be a huge success and they make a Red Bull Air Racing DLC next.

Adding an infographic to the article:

11 Likes

So it looks like four planes. With different liveries and from posts above different cockpits.

Do each different named plane under the class have different performance characteristics or are thei differences limited only to liveries and cockpits?

2 Likes