Official Discussion: September 15, 2022 Development Update

In the blog was stated:

To align with SU10 dependencies , we are pushing this week’s Marketplace release to next week. There will be no Marketplace release this Thursday, September 15

That would suggest that things in the market place are ready for SU10 (incompatible with SU9?). So I think that they expect to push SU10 before the next market place update.

Seriously guys, it’s worth it. The current beta is so much better than the current SU9 build when it comes to smoothness and frame rates. Plus DLSS is an absolute delight if you need it.

6 Likes

Who will need it? Will the people with not so fast CPU or GPU need it?

They need a whole dev group just for the weather system

5 Likes

At this point I would just wait. It’s only going to be a few days now, and you avoid the possibility of having to do a full re-install, which has happened in the past.

2 Likes

A general thing about the devs update:

With all those great screenshots you post, it would be extremely nice if the people sending them in would provide the location and you could then post where they were taken

6 Likes

Also weather live weather was used or not.

2 Likes

For VR users it is a gamechanger.

2 Likes

I don’t think that is right. They would need at least 6 weeks of Beta, so SU10 must come out before October.

I don’t think they would delay the 40th anniversary edition because that would upset more people.

I may be being overly optimistic, but it seems that the SU10 will be today available for everyone. Since there was a new update of all test files that are on STEAM one of them is qa_upload_future, which whenever it appears on the update list, it will not take more than 48 hours for an update to occur. Only the nvidia_2 test is missing, for the update to occur, as many reports here that they are waiting for the release of the new Nvidia driver.

Anyway, we have to be positive, as we are past the middle of September and anything for the next week would break any and all reports made by the MS/Asobo team.

And yes, I do not believe in a delay in delivery on the SU11 (40th anniversary edition). This is a very important brand for everyone.

Leaving our mega anxiety aside, let’s enjoy what we have in hand so far. Keep your mind at peace and fly safe!

:wink: :vulcan_salute:t2:

6 Likes

100%

SU10 will be released when it is released, and no post or comments in this forum will make any difference to that.

Just be patient . because once SU10 is released, there is NO GOING BACK to SU9.

I suspect (from what little I know :woozy_face:) that SU10 will not get released until

1. Asobo are reasonably happy with the updates/changes made in SU10
  2. The new Nvidia drivers are released “and tested”
  3. The Marketplace is “sorted out” (whatever that means !)
7 Likes

I would like to ask when will you be able to solve the UNICODE problem of Reno Air Races? My system language is Chinese and I have never been able to enter the competition normally since I purchased Reno Air Races… Do I spend this money to buy a loneliness?

1 Like

How about changing your system language to English…

While I greatly appreciate the work being done to make SU10 as stable as possible, last night’s development update was truly heartbreaking. Here’s why: it showed very clearly how beholden those of us on the Xbox are to the weekly marketplace update. The BN2 update was released on PC almost a month ago, and yet here we are on the Xbox still waiting for that update. At nearly every turn we are told to be patient (in fact why not make that the secondary title for the sim), while none of this affects the ability of the PC community from getting regular content/updates. Earlier this year when Jörg said in a Q&A that they are 100% committed to improving things on the Xbox side, I 100% believed him. Since then we have had a few bright spots (the Cessna 414AW being one of them), but for every bright spot we end up with periods of time where things are stagnant. For every step forward we take a million steps back (or at least it feels like it). When the dev update seemingly gets dragged out on Thursday, I don’t know if I should feel excited that maybe some big surprises are coming, or if I should cringe at the prospect of bad news. If I learned anything from last night it’s that I need to move over to the PC side as soon as I can.

7 Likes

Unfortunately, it is useless to change any language. I have tested various methods. Only by enabling the test version of UTF-8 can I successfully enter Reno Air Races
You can check my statement. I was the first person to know how to temporarily solve the UNICODE problem of Reno Air Races. But this method will seriously affect the operation of other software in my system. So it still needs the Microsoft team to start from the root. repair…
QQ截图20220916213121

1 Like

The PC simmers I know get their products from places like flightsim.to or directly from a developer’s website. This includes updates to content already purchased. PC simmers do not have to wait for the weekly marketplace update, unless they purchased content from the in-sim marketplace. On the Xbox, we have no other choice than the in-sim marketplace. For example, a 3rd Party developed Goodwood airport was released the other day. PC simmers can purchase it right now, regardless of the delay in the marketplace update. If I want that on the Xbox, I have to wait until who knows when. That’s why I am making the jump to the PC as soon as I can. At least I can buy directly from the developer no matter what happens on Thursdays.

7 Likes

Bingo! Thank you for proving my point exactly!

1 Like

aren’t marketplace items encrypted as well? hence cannot be modded.
never got anything from marketplace apart from the free world updates.

Yes, they are encrypted.
For some good reason.

BUT: Some files do not need to be encrypted to prevent pirates from doing what pirates do.

1 Like

Hello, these are good choosen words and i want to ad some of mine feedback as a xbox user as well!
As mentioned above are Xbox users completly beholden to the official Marketplace and theire releases! Also there‘s still the Big Problem on WASM for Xbox and what to expect of it…?!

I guess first and overall to say is, That MS/Asobo has completly ruined theire Marketplace espacially for Xbox users!
So little example,I mean, (sorry to say it that hard…) How stupid is it to sell Liveries on theire own Marketplace while all of PC users can have them for free just by downloading from flightsim.to ??
…And I’m not really sure about Licenses within the offered Livery packs on the offical Marketplace…but thats another point!

Next Big Critisim point for me as an xbox user is, (and i`ll know with the following I will not make many friends in this forum…) Why this Politics with „PC Only-releases“???
If The Product Doesn’t Work on all Plattform you can’t Release it!!!
This Politics has already lead into this splitt of the community between Xbox and PC users!!
Just Honest to say that this is creating an exlusive club, if a certain group of customers can buy a produkt while others can’t on the same marketplace…!!!.. not to tell how disapointing it is to see others can enjoy a great product while u have to wait and when u finally get it nobody fly’s the plane or is at that specific location anymore….

Another good Question also would be why this Non-Communication about the many perfomance problems on Xboxes caused through a high amount of bought add on’s Alltrough the very poor Content Manger which isn’t able to show the used RAM or CPU with certain add on’s and neither able to just „activate“ or „deactivate“ add on’s without deinstalling them completly!!!

But The Fact is: The Honest Communication about this would Reduce Sales! So they don’t Tell!!
I mean how many would continue buying planes on marketplace if there would be the honest statement:
You can buy all Planes, but u can’t install them all! :wink:

Also to mention is what all the Drama was about the release oft he DC-6!!! Where they sold the plane on Marketplace just to recognize that WASM isn’t working! And not yet sill today!

And Finally it all leads us to the Big Problem → WASM on XBOX
So my Overall Question What to expect fromWASM?
Can we expect to get like a full mod support like other Games are able to do so on console, for example: Snowrunner, FarmingSimulator, TheElderScrolls,etc…

As far as i Know are those games like „Mirroring“ they specific web pages for the mods like „Mods.io“.
So can we expect to get acces to a mod Support and use the mods availible on flightsim.to for example???
Will it be able to send data from xbox to externals like navigraph, etc?

Would be nice to have a statement of some of the officals to that as well as a clearly communicated status of the release of SUx….

Thanks.

5 Likes