Official Discussion: September 16th, 2021 Development Update

Is this the full version of the game yet or still in Alpha or beta form.

So many bugs it’s unreal. I have played game in alpha configuration with less bugs than this.

Wish I never brought the game now…

2 Likes

Thanks for the answer. I will proceed that way with both softwares just in case. Again tks.

You’d think that, but it seems in this day and age people just want “stuff”. As much stuff as possible and as quickly as possible.

They rush to buy garbage, discover that it’s garbage after getting it, and then whine about it, blame the store it was bought at (despite the fact they have nothing to do with the product) and expect someone else to take responsibility for their bad decisions.

The old addage of Caveat Emptor should be heeded. Let the buyer beware. Don’t buy zero day releases. And there are tons of review sites on the Internet, and a bunch of MSFS-centric YouTube channels that review 3rd party add-ons. One should always wait for some reviews before giving up their money.

But it seems that’s too hard for some. As the poet Thomas Tusser said about 500 years ago - “a fool and his money are soon parted”. That’s as true today as it was then.

1 Like

Keep a look out for hardware drivers too. As far as I could see all of my many CTP since SU5 and WU6 were caused by the drivers for my Logitech flight panels. I tore my hair out and took days to discover that. I think people tend to over look drivers when trying to fix CTD issues and assume its always something in the community folder.

Which would be true ONLY if anyone could freely publish any of their add-ons on the market place.

Given MSFT is censoring vendors from being able to sell products on the market place as vendors (our application is stalled since Aug 2020 for example), and given they are also censoring individual products from already approved vendors (there were news lately of a few product updates which were rejected and vendors asked to provide new updates), they are actually entirely responsible for what is sold or not on the market place.

3 Likes

Totally agree. Currently, the system is a mess. This manual system they have in place just doesn’t work. It’s painfully obvious to end users, it’s even more painfully obvious to devs. Only Microsoft seem to be completely oblivious to it.

And of course there’s your unforutnate situation that I’m keenly aware of and have been following. Right now, there’s nothing on my 3rd party app wish list higher than seeing your products available for MSFS - from the marketplace or otherwise. Put it this way - the second you release ANYTHING for MSFS, I’m buying it, no questions asked. And it’ll be replacing anything else I may be using currently as I patiently wait for RXP Garmin products. Your reputation speaks for itself. I don’t even need to wait for reviews for 3rd party. I’ll be buying and then showcasing / reviewing it on my YouTube channel when / if you ever release something.

3 Likes

They seem to be far more concerned about Licensing than technical content.
Legal running the show ?

You can bet on that. MS don’t do ANYTHING until the lawyers have had their say.

Agreed. It’s all about protecting themselves. And I can’t fault them for doing that, but they tend to take things to the extreme. NOTHING comes out of MS without PR and legal teams vetting it. I can guarantee you that even simple announcements made by CMs here on the forum are first written by the team, then re-worded by the PR and legal teams before it gets approved for release.

1 Like

Indeed!

Although I fear we’re veering off the topic of this thread. I think this may be a conversation for another venue. Like Discord later this evening or the weekend. lol

Update here on series x in Moscow 1.2gb!

@Crunchmeister71
Thank you for your kind words, these are much appreciated!!

And what is even more concerning about this situation is that there are different products we’ve in stock which are not Garmin, never done before in ANY simulator, perfectly adapted to the new generation of users (and older alike) on Xbox, and perfectly suited for the Market Place, but we can’t offer them to you because of this situation, and because we’re not approved for the Market Place we can’t benefit from the technical and direct dev support necessary to complete these products to fruition…

In the meantime, you can get this free Reality XP FS2020 add-on!

I wouldn’t expect any less from MSFT than being concerned about licensing questions! We do too… and our Professional customers and partners as well…

But like @Crunchmeister71 just said it is off topic…

1 Like

Hotfix is online… 1.7gb Xbox Series X - Germany

I must have less wrong as 1.2gb :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Hotfix available.

Is it on the Xbox yet?

i thought you meant the airport!

No sorry I’m living here for work :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Installed update and first attempt to load into a flight and freezes and this just beggers belief!!

2 Likes

Regarding this dev updates. Can we not put something on the roadmap that shows when it is actually a new released SDK update in sim and when it just info about what is to come in the next release

Maybe call them SDK build overviews something to differentiate between what to come and actual build updates.

Me too. STILL can’t play after TWO months :cry: