Official Discussion: September 17th, HOTFIX [1.19.9.0]

The update was not found from the xbox app until i use vpn in USA server

mid cloud light and besides that, tree drawdistance still is a joke, performance went down from 40fps to 20-30fps at the same place (EDHK) (empty community folder)

nice to see that even the voting up top is broken!

Live weather is not working either.

Yeah, wind gusts sucked from the beginning of this “as real as it gets sim”.

This was just one of the problems this HOTFIX fixed me up with

In germany. Anyhow any IN connection will go over Internet nodes to MS server.
If you cut a standing connection, you can have the hope to get another better connection, another MS Server.
It is possible only to reconnect the connection, but for most users it is easear to reboot.

MSFS2020 change graphics settings himself…

i test from EGNX rwy 27 and with ultra settings the 2 buildings have no details …
if i settings to ‘low details’ or ‘medium’ and save … and re-change to ‘ultra’ and save the details came back

2 Likes

This is the most insane thing I have ever seen. Tried the xbox app thing, no go. I have been a simmer for 25 years and this is the dumbest procedure to update any software I have ever seen. I give up!!!

1 Like

Oh I’m not crazy then. I had to change several settings (before I had everything maxed out) to reach my tiny 36fps in VR because it suddenly went down to ~20fps for no apparent reason.

1 Like

Clearly the sim is not giving you any satisfaction. Maybe you give it up for a year or two.

What’s funny is that this is a Microsoft product installed on a Microsoft OS. :joy:

@MikeyAir3272 But when you spent 140€ in it you expect results. I understand the frustration.

Just tried disconnecting all USB besides mouse and keyboard. Still CTD… on the menu. Disconnect all usb except for Xbox Controller. Still CTD. I was able to get into the air this time… for about 15 seconds.

Everything went smooth and nice for me….

1 Like

oh no not this bug again too…

nice wind at 11kts plus some wind gusts… rudder full right!!! ignore the messed up TAA ghosting, just as Asobo does!

2 Likes

Agreed… Try flying around Mannheim and South West Germany… There aren’t any trees at all! Right in the heart of their shiny update area :smiley: Asobo couldn’t test a brown paper bag.

2 Likes

BREAKING NEW ISSUE: Since I got the message saying my Internet Connectivity was down, which it wasn’t, I rebooted and now I can’t open MSFS at all. I get this storage message:

1 Like

So far so good. Sad to see the trees and shrubs in certain airports after wu6 issue hasn’t been fixed though.

This is great news. I miss ultra at 120 scaling. It’s back!

2 Likes

Are AI Traffic lights finally fixed or not yet?
Did anybody manage to test it?

I agree, perfomance has gone, back to previos WU5 framerate.

Asobo hides information in patch notes.
They are changing things under the hood.
It seems that they are mixing the different branches, bugs and performance come and go with each update or hotfix.
It is disappointing, Microsoft and Asobo have an excellent product but they are not able to maintain a constant quality.

10 Likes

Quick easy update store and start up. 5-6 min total approx. Now 2 hours into it and no issues. :slight_smile: