Official Discussion: September 17th, HOTFIX [1.19.9.0]

Looks like you are in windowed mode. That will crater performance every time.

Blockquote “do or do not. there is no try”

:rofl:

I paid for a complete stable and functional deluxe version. Not being the case after SU5, I at least hope that some day they get there.

1 Like

??? what does this mean ?

MSFS is being treated as a Pop-Out, not running in full screen. This will cause a massive drop in performance when it runs this way.

You probably see very low GPU utilization while in this situation too… Mine gets stuck like this sometimes after an update, and a restart of windows will solve it. if its opening up “not full screen” every time, not sure what would cause that frankly, but pretty condifent is the primary cause of very poor performance.

I know right… I was REALLY enjoying the huge bump in performance with the off screen caching in Track IR. (No longer a stutter fest) Now… can’t even start the ■■■■ thing half the time.

My buddy had to re-install TWICE after this hotfix (Sim Corruption issues.) and still can’t get it to load constantly. Empty community folder and deleted content.xml file and all.

Seems this is not abnormal from other posts I see flying around.

Pretty disappointing…

This has also been reported elsewhere, I’ve had it happen after version 1.18.15.0. Normally happens after flying for an hour or more. Some say disabling AI traffic may solve the problem. I haven’t flown much after SU5 so I haven’t been able to test it properly :cry:.
Do a search for “crackling sound” on the forum, you’ll find others having similar problems and some other posts like yours.
For instance this, or this one.

Where is this statement coming from?
I’ve absolutely no performance difference between windowed and fullscreen modes :thinking:

1 Like

Personal experience, frankly. in windowed mode I get about 10-15fps (Similar to OP).
Garmin pop-outs crater perormance as well. (50% drop in FPS).

This has been the case since day one for me.

How come all us users find incredibly obvious issues but Asobo is clueless?

The assumption there is they didn’t find them.

1 Like

ok thx , I will take a look

I seriously doubt they are clueless. It’s something else.

2 Likes

Yes…I tried identical flights, identical everything and got 45 to 50 fps in both windowed and full screen mode and VR with a RTX 3080 Card , i9, 64Gb Ram.
It is something I have never even considered a performance hit and would have thought windowed might be less resource hungry not the other way.

Quick trip on the google’s… Windows 10 Full screen optimizations might have something to do with this. Will have to play with it when I get back in town.

should note, I’ve never messed with this on the exe or in windows settings; fresh install to boot, but worth a look I think:

ASOBO / MS Also recommends shutting this off:

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016142680-All-versions-How-to-improve-the-performance

Now I’m really curious. :slight_smile:

Anyone else getting extremely low frames on third party aircraft? (only LOD 00).

For example, I’ve loaded my own aircraft, the DR250 Capitaine. Things are going ok for a minute or two, but as I look around the cockpit I notice the frames quickly dropping to 10fps, the ms under that going to 100ms, and MainThread shooting up to 200ms if it can get there.

Normally I get 50fps with only a 10ms burden on the mainthread, with a simple aircraft like this.

This wasn’t an issue before the hotfix, and it’s doing my head in!

Loading to a different aircraft from the aircraft selector in the dev menu resolves it. But I’ve completely rebuilt the aircraft using the DR400 elements, except the changed model, with the same result.

Changing between windowed and fullscreen increases the FPS for 1 second, then it comes right back again.

Anyone else seeing this?

Still good after looking around.

As soon as the aircraft moves, especially if I look around, it all turns red.

All other items have been removed from community…

I think the ATC altitude bug is back! After WU6 it was definitely gone but after the hot fix I am seeing again. I’m being informed by ATC that I am for example “300’ below assigned altitude” despite altimeter being set correctly and cruising at assigned altitude. Anyone else getting this?

1 Like

Are you flying over mountains, or flat terrain ? There seems to be a relation with ground level… I don’t use ATC myself, but I’ve noticed the 500 Feet warning repeat more often over mountain terrain. Especially when I use elevator to fly low.

@Parorng can’t confirm with Goose, I run only ONE third party freeware aircraft, Grumman Goose. Frame rate is slower than Cessna’s but I don’t see 10FpS over Skerries, with the Goose. And it remains flyable >20min, I did not keep the FpS counter on all the time… so I can’t be sure if it keeps proper values during flight.

Btw it’s interesting you have this bug AND also the source code of the aircraft and (Wasm? Html?) gauges. Maybe there’s a way with trial and error to pinpoint the cause of the issue ? Work around it… update it…

Windowed and full screen should not make any difference. There is no true full screen as we remember from previous games. The “Full Screen” mode in MSFS is merely a borderless full screen window.

That would be why it is called, “Full Screen Window” mode.

Just replaced everything with the default DR400, except for the airframe model. It’s something to do with that model I guess (or the Blender export of it), as everything else is identical to the DR400…

It’s only affecting it on the ground, when you’re moving, AND looking around. The performance doesn’t restore if you then get airborne, or stop looking around. This doesn’t happen on the DR400 though! :grimacing:

BUT, reselecting the aircraft from the Aircraft Selector restores its performance again. If you’re in the air (never touching the ground), you can look around and no issues whatsoever. Once you land though, back towards 10fps!

Very strange indeed. Ugh!