Official Discussion: September 17th, HOTFIX [1.19.9.0]

Anybody had trouble with the “hotfix”? It is not showing on my series s. There were 2 small downloads (around 5mb) total I believe. one for garmin & small one for WU6 but bot the 1gig + one.

1 Like

Tiny Garmin update, some soft tweaks and fixes to the code, the Chinese localization - and that’s it - you are good. :slightly_smiling_face:

Finally managed to get the hotfix installed. Sim running really well.

3 Likes

The best thing with CTDs is that you know why it happens.

MSFS has basically failed thus far to report the causes to the user.

Short after the hotfix, I’ve found out that user config opt file altered and rearranged arbitrarily and unintentionally by GeForce Exp also gets the title to CTD, due to its bad formatting of the setting lines.

2 Likes

Hey Stelios, sorry for the late reply!
The ones I’ve tried were Denmark, Tyrol and Rijeka - plus the Berlin discovery flight - all okay at my end.

And what about yours, what’s happening ?

Same for me.
Stuck during loading in to a flight 3 times after this hotfix.
All threads go completely to idle.

Well, we know what crashes it sometimes. In this case:
“It crashes on touchdown.”
What exactly is causing it was a mystery until someone mentioned the secondary start point. I’ve yet to be in a position to test it. If it doesn’t fix it, I may know what I was doing when it CTDd, but even as a developer I won’t know how to fix that error, or what exactly is causing it. This is the case with most CTDs I fear.

Now, imagine the frustration of the developers:
folks demand improvements or there are new features and stuff and some of it maybe requires custom formatting of lots of things, custom coding, new innovative design, etc.

Then come helper/utility apps such as the GeForce Experienceeee…that has a feature that modifies a certain config file - cool - and it does that according to the default standards - hellyeah super cool - according to the Unity template and the MSFS settings databse - cool …on nVidia’s servers…that need some time to properly propagate all updates as we receive them…

And then…it comes…does its thing…and it actually messes everything up and folks riot ! :sweat_smile:
This is absolutely hilarious to think about sometimes ! :rofl:

1 Like

Everything works fine for me.

The only issue I have:
Dropping of FPS during long flights as among other users. I kinda think it’s a live weather issue. It seems to be better when flying durch presets.

And the AA issue. Especially when thin lines are tight parallel on some airport structures… I always get flickering there. But this is not a FS issue, I have it in battlefield too

I run the same update process as you and likewise have had no problems with installing any of the updates, inc this latest hotfix.

Although I leave the config file well alone, the only thing I might add to your list for those who cannot resist tweaking it would be a step to restore the default config file to avoid conflicts with any changes that have been made.

Maybe the thing is that we must always bear in mind that life is the biggest problem itself and we keep going by breaking and fixing it on and off to reach the next level.

this might well be the most beautiful part of it, just that we are not aware.

1 Like

You could use the free Addons Linker to get over the pain of removing and adding mods back into your community folder.

Set it up to manage them and you can turn them all off with one mouse press. And then only turn on the ones you need for a flight.

It also includes two tools to check for and correct duplicate file names between addons that can be a source of CTDs…

94,449 users can’t be wrong!

5 Likes

I like this !
Has some Buddhist’s spirit within it, nice thoughts.

“Oh no he’s not!”…closely followed by “he’s behind you!”

1 Like

Hi not sure what you mean exactly but your English seems ok, I haven’t actually myself had any issues with flight simulator and I bought it on day of release.
I was pointing out that I have never had to run up an xbox ‘anything’ on my pc since I’ve had it including for this flight sim until the last update and even then I just downloaded the xbox thing and opened it up - I didn’t need to log into it.
That was the first and only time I’ve had any dealings with anything xbox named on my pc.

the ash like looks of the former might make the viewer think that the latter that you have taken last october seems superior.

IMHO, too, the latter that comes from last oct looks more realistic.

I have no problem with these Nvidia 471.96 drivers … some of my settings

Yep - small things like remebering the last airports used on the world map correctly for example, which is a bit annoying.

2 Likes

After you complete the first leg of the trip and you go back to the main menu and later you want to continue, most of the time the POI indications in the FD panels (G1000) and in the VFR Map disappear. Also only 4 characters are shown of the POI on the G1000 panel. For example is you have POI24, you only see POI2 the 4 is not shown. Also if you crash by any chance while you are flying any Bush Trip, and start again then everything goes crazy, the POI Bearing (BRG) at the top of the display doesn’t agree with the HSI course pointer (CRS). Please try this and let me know.

2 Likes

Exactly, and if you resize the map during a bush trip the airports will disappear. A fix for this is to go under the settings under the top toolbar and turn off the VFR map, then turn it back on. Once it reloads you will see the airports again.

Also, if you loose the route line then it’s not fun. You won’t be able to get the route line back unless you restart from a previous leg.

Secondly, the flight plan line isn’t displayed anywhere in the glass cockpit like it used to be. You can still see the flight plan, but not the line on the PFD mini map or MFD.

2 Likes