Official Discussion: September 22, 2022 Development Update

Why would Asobo answer questions about someone else’s product?

This doesn’t address my problem because I’m still going to fly around a red radar return whether or not the sim models dangerous conditions inside the red. This also doesn’t address my point that a 2D bitmap without altitude data is useless as a weather API for making a weather radar, which is what the original voted forum post is about so it shouldn’t be marked as fixed.

Is it possible that the sim became unstable somehow? I NEVER had any crashes (I know many of you have endless problems with the sim but I just haven´t and it runs 100% rocksolid), but yesterday two of my flights crashed suddenly.
I flew over Lake Erie with the Fenix, and after some city showed up (I think it was Cleveland) I decided to have a look how the skyline looks at night. Live weather, moving the time slider forward to night, aaah beautyful - one second later back on the desktop.
Flight Sim was not in the taskmanager, but Steam said it was still running trying to stop it. Had to restart the computer to launch it again.

A few hours before I ended some flight while testing a new Fenix texture I am currently making (upload probably this weekend), and the Flight Sim got stuck while loading back to the main menu.

Looks like the sim has become slightly unstable since the update :wink: maybe a hotfix would cool it down a little bit.

Constellation got released for PC-Only…

Saying it here again to Asobo/MS:

If the Product doesn’t work on all Plattform You can’t release on you own Marketplace!!

This Release politics is just increasing the gap/Splitt between Pc and Xbox Users!!
The majority of pc users are buying on external marketplaces anyway…so lets keep the in-game marketplace equal at least!

Wasn’t there the statement while ago :
“You will have same experience on xbox as on pc…” — No we Don’t!

2 Likes

Would be nice to get a statement from MS/Asobo what to expect from WASM on xbox and what will be possible.
May this topic should get attantion in the next Q&A.

For me first questions about WASM would be like:
-Will we get “Full Mod Support” , like other games can do so on Xbox? (f.ex. FarmingSim, Snowrunner,
The Elder Scrolls)?
(this includes Liveries, Freeware Planes, mods like “skypark”, etc…)

-Will we be able to send data to Externals like navigraph, etc… ?

1 Like

There is a transfer of data to Navigraph on the Honda Jet already! I think Skypark might need to be running on the server to get it to work but we will await developments as usual! People still seem to be reporting CTDs after SU10 but I will download it later!

1 Like

Since I installed sim update 10 a few days ago, my G1000’s shut off, turn off in all my aircraft. Didn’t happen before. Any others having this issue? Any suggestions?

Try updating the marketplace G1000Nxi via your content manager.

Oo, an Iron Maiden livery! Awesome! Now I can fly to all their tour destinations with them. :smiley:

Yeah. Let us hope the best :pray:

Why was Flytampa Sydney reintroduced to Xbox if it doesn’t work still?

Since installing update X this week the Seattle area is not rendering correctly. When I start a KRNT or KSEA the landscape is essentially flat with no detail, no buildings, textures, hills, etc. Other areas like Portland and Miami render just fine. Is anyone else having this issue?

We are currently waiting on word about the NVIDIA Game Ready Driver that will be compatible with SU10- it looks like there was a slight delay but is coming soon. We do not have an ETA from them at this time.

5 Likes

Manuel from Nvidia has said that the Game Ready Driver will release next week.
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/game-ready-drivers/13/501521/new-driver-for-msfs-2020/

Do you recommend installing the NVIDIA Studio drivers until the release of the game ready driver or should we stay on the current release version of the game ready driver?

Can we expect performance? It feels like my brand new 3080 Ti is the same as my previous 1080 Ti.

After Last FMS update (2022 Sep. 21) I noticed that on the jayshrike moving carrier, the stopping time/space has increased a lot, not sufficient to correctly stop before end of carrier. Did anybody notice the same effect ? If not can you try it ?

Just did a flight. DX12 Beta and Nvidia DSLL enabled. Nvidia driver is v.516.94. Had no problems. Everything smooth on my RTX2080T.
Only my CPU heated up to 75-80 degrees C. Don’t know what it was with DX11. My GPU had no problems with DX12 Beta.

2 Likes

I have to say for me the AMD sharpening filter and DLSS have greatly improved my VR experience with the Varjo Aero!
I also hear on Youtube that some people are complaining about the wind gust in SUX, making the planes too hard to land in some situation, and that Asobo will reduce the effect in future releases! I hope this is not true.
For having flown real GA aircraft (IFR license) I have to say that the flight model during landing feels much more realistic for me now, I actually find it very good, finally a real challenge to land the airplanes in windy and gusty conditions! Thanks for a great update!

1 Like