Official Discussion: September 2nd, 2021 Development Update

I think the issue is when they committed to weekly updates, these were stated to be dev updates where they would give an insider look into what bugs the team was working on.

When they post community screen shots and a list of 3rd party ware, it looks as if they aren’t working on anything and counting money when I’m sure this isn’t the case.

Hey guys,

Im at FL320, and it keeps telling me to expedite my climb to FL320… why?
And when I want to increase the cruising altitude for example at FL320 by 4.000ft, it tells the ATC “require FL500” why? So annyoing!!

Xbox Series X

guys, the servers are slow for you also or it’s just me ?

There is an ATC bug (ATC not using the STD baro at all with live weather) that should have a fix coming in on Tuesday.

Ah okay… and why is it telling me to maintain FL320 when I need to descent? It shows me already to descent because I am near to airport and keeps telling me to expedite my climb…

Not true for you maybe… for some the sim doesn’t load. Please read the examples in the thread again before posting these kind of posts, it’s not helping.

1 Like

That’s quite clear that for those who still can’t even start the sim it clearly is broken. I don’t think he was referring to those people however, but to those who complain about graphical downgrades making the sim unplayable for them. And to us lucky(?) many, who don’t have any major issues and actually benefited from the SU5.

Yep, ATC is sometimes not quite up to the task in the sim… Most all my arrivals are fine, sometimes I get that however as well. I plan my flights in simbrief and import the plan to the sim’s flight planner. In the in-game planner I choose the arrival RWY and landing (ILS). I get nervous at around 120NM distance from the airport if I haven’t heard ATC telling me to descend when cruising above FL350. Then I just descend myself, closer to the airport the ATC usually gets back on track and starts giving the right altitude instructions again. Just keep in mind it is AI after all. Here’s a good video about when to descend:

1 Like

You’re very welcome.

I apologize if some of my previous posts were terse and seemed hurried. Sometimes I’m on the move, using my mobile phone and the replies may come off kind of abrupt. I’ll be aware of that going forward and will refrain from throwing a post together in a hurry.

2 Likes

Little help! When people post about “SU5”, is that referring to Software Updates and is that the same as development updates?

To say simplified:
WU: World update, in what you percieve visually of the world,
SU: Sim update, what you don’t percieve visually of the world.

That would be the baseline, but sometimes a little bit of one could be included in the other to perform some corrections/fixes.

There is a Sim Update (SU) every two months and a World Update (WU) every two months, so one big update monthly. Sometimes there are delays for a week or two and sometimes there are hotfixes. But basically one big update on a monthly basis.
Development updates are basically news bulletins on a weekly basis and coincide withe the weekly updates to the Marketplace content

The morale of the group is so low, even the mods are arguing with people about it. Please, God, let tomorrow restore this sim to its former glory.

I think the folks saying “It isn’t usable” due to the downgrades are trying to express that the sim used to be immersive and stimulating and that has been lost for many who purchased prior to SU5.

1 Like

Overwhelmingly disappointed with the state of the game today. I don’t know if any progress is made when bugs are reintroduced after having been patched out previously. If the game wouldn’t drop from ~60fps to 10-12fps after a certain amount of gameplay, that would be a huge step forward.

Yes MSFS has some very wonderful and excellent qualities, and progress is being made. I personally acknowledge this. It is not all bad, but it would/could be so so so much better.

The one step forward with always some steps backward is beyond the pale. If this was rare, it could be understandable and quickly forgotten when fixed.

If MSFS had a “former glory” I would not be concerned, and I would sit and wait.

There was no former glory. Yes SU5 was a major blunder, but MSFS has been a major blunder from the very start, and continues to be a “blunder”.

I say this in light of:

• The Feature Presentations
  • The Alpha/Beta(s) that seem useless
  • The ineffectiveness of Zendesk - no tracking for us to see = frustration
  • The blatant obvious omissions & blatant obvious bugs for years
  • These empty “development” updates
  • The continued commitment of the MSFS team to remain empty of substance that a flight sim requires

(this list could go on and on)

all the while the MSFS team remains committed to being obsessed with screenshots and other stuff not related at all to realism in MSFS.

What will be next to hinder the MSFS team, or to delay/stagnate, and keep frustration alive here?

Yes we know its a big project, and I personally appreciate the schedule of releases/communications.

In order to stick to that schedule, it is vital to FOCUS on what matters, this is called a flight SIMULATOR. Its not called a “photography game designed around awareness of social issues”!

For everybody to think about:

Social issues are essentially forbidden in this forum for us, yet they are being pushed on us specifically and directly. For example, I have my own personal facts and opinions about flying eye hospitals, but if I shared them, I would be kicked out of the forum permanently. This is plain wrong!

:no_entry_sign: screenshot obsessions-excuses-delay tactics-social studies :no_entry_sign:

9 Likes

You and others make this forum very unwelcoming for users that enjoy sightseeing and yes, taking screenshots.

You obviously think very highly of yourself but how about stepping off your high horse long enough to see that MSFS isn’t just for the hardcore simmers and won’t survive with just that subset of users.

…and how about losing the conspiracy theories about intentional delay tactics and insulting the developers.

4 Likes

Why don’t you debate the facts instead of making me the topic? Because you can’t. Your response to me makes it clear that, to you, MSFS is only for the likes of you. Does anybody detect a high horse?

Let me help bring you back to relevancy, and do what I can to prevent you from getting this topic closed.

I’m intentionally against screenshots, because the love and obsession of screenshots are prohibiting flight simmers from enjoying MSFS as outlined in the feature presentations. This is a true fact.

If only you could understand that, if I (hardcore for 35+ years and 20+ top of the line PC’s) enjoy MSFS, then everybody will, including beginners interested in aviation. I fly every way possible, including 10 minute sightseeing flights and 16+hour scheduled airline flights. But if you enjoy MSFS, then only sightseeing screenshot takers will enjoy MSFS, just like the situation is presently.

If this present situation continues, you will see my theories play out. Not a conspiracy, just history repeating itself, but not needing to.

If you want to debate me about my theories and intentions, PM me, but getting personal in public topics is forbidden, and you know it.

7 Likes

No entry signs ? we can’t make screenshots and we can’t have eye hospitals ? what is this :anguished:

Folks who like scenery (like me) are diagnosed having obsessions, because mr Aracines wants something else. MS/Asobo can’t show eye hospitals, because mr Aracines wants something else.

Please keep in mind we’re all MSFS customers here, just like you are. You are not the owner of PC flight simulators. And software development is not a zero sum game. MS/Asobo have 200 developers now. But like before, scenery experts don’t know things about flight models, and aircraft simulation experts wouldn’t know how to put a proper tree in a shader. MSFS is both scenery and aircraft. Previous 4 months were spent on XBox and peripherals. Next 4 months will be spent on other stuff… don’t panic.

5 Likes

Sadly I have to agree with just about everything you say here. I wish that I could say otherwise.

You are talking a lot of sense and make a lot of good points.

Amongst other things I am also against the obsession with screen shots :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

ArcanePython931Photographer

2h

Just want to display more proof :arrow_heading_up: that I’m 100% correct about this screenshot obsession being the #1 hinderance from MSFS living up to the MSFS initial commitment to flight simmers, and also living up to the feature presentations.

You will notice another “photographer” that is against aviation realism in MSFS.

Yet, the “something else that aracines wants” does not infringe AT ALL upon anything the “photographers” want.

Nothing that I call the MSFS team to do/fix will hinder any user no matter how they use MSFS.

But the photographers’ desires (the need to eliminate/prevent aviation realism), need to be scrutinized with an electron microscope and The Hubble Telescope.

Keep in mind the photographers can already currently use the sim how they desire. We have to ask, why are they so against calling on the MSFS team to live up to plainly stated commitments? How does MSFS living up to the feature presentations hurt photographers?

7 Likes