Official Discussion: Sim Update 10 - Wednesday Sept. 21st

btw. how grows used space on the disk after install su10? i don’t sure i will got upgraded pc in november or even december. and in my community disk only 24gb free for now. so i just want to know. how much i have to move to other disk(s)

just think about kiribati people. they get it first we can be glad for them.

1 Like

Hi,

I’ve just updated it.

It is weird, the NVIDA DLSS option in the options menu is missing!

I’ve only TAA, FXAA and DLAA options.

Anybody with the same issue?

Thank you.

Exactly. But here it is, downloading.

What have you updated ?

1 Like

i remember dlss settings somewhere else. i haven’t su10 and never had beta. but seen in youtube. don’t sure. but it should be somewhere

Oh! my!

I’ve updated to the SU10 1.26.5.0 version!

I was in the Beta!

I uninstalled the Beta and I’ve downloaded the Update from Microsoft Store, but… I don’t know what happened!

1 Like

If you had SU10 Beta installed, then it looks like you exited the Beta program. If you do this before the official SU10 is released (not till tomorrow) MSFS will automatically reinstall SU9, which doesn’t have DLSS.

Rather 17.00

4 Likes

mmmm I have a strong feeling that is doing a full reinstall and not SU10 update

Have you uninstalled the beta? This might be you redownloading SU9…The mods will confirm the best approach to do this - previously it was wait until SU10 is released and then leave the beta via the xbox insiders app. That typically meant a very small update - essentially to change the version numbers and (generally) avoided a full reinstall

Thank you.

So the installation was the SU9, not the SU10 update!

I was confused. I thought that the updates will be today, 21st of September!

Regards

They are, but not until 1500Z

1 Like

I have never joined beta.

Well I will be interested to know what version you are on once the download completes. Given we are several hours away from the SU10 release, I can’t imagine it is that

1 Like

And with the Win 12, you would already be flying in reality. Whether you use Win10 or Win11 has little to do with this.

I just checked the release notes link, it is indeed doing a complete re-install. For whatever reason. facepalm Same case as DullestRobin600.

2 Likes

If you have the MS store version installed in the default location opting out of the beta results in a complete re-install, had to do that a few weeks ago.

MS stated willing to publish informations how to get from the beta version to the official. I hope, I will find this information.
(Maybe it’s here: Tips for those who have MS Store version of MSFS when leaving the beta or here: Exact process for leaving the Beta and updating tomorrow WITHOUT losing our installed base MSFS and Mods but these are not the official information of MS)

In the meanwhile here’s our timer for the release:
MSFS 2020 SU10 Release Countdown

1 Like

lol that countdown assumes they will be punctual though… I think every other time they have named a release time of day, it actually came 30 mins to several hours later.

Hope to be proved wrong!

1 Like

Windowed game optimizations. With Windows 11 22H2, games run in windowed (as opposed to full-screen) mode will benefit from new DirectX 10/11 display latency improvements, Auto HDR, and variable refresh rate (VRR) support. These features were previously available only in full-screen mode.

1 Like